Reference No. DVM
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: DVM
Given the prominent role that the department is meant to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to:
- support and work with the EXDE team to reduce time spent on less strategic and mundane business activities such as managing the Department’s Transaction pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews and transaction support etc, thus enabling EXDE team to concentrate and focus on strategic and high value tasks of the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals in an efficient and effective manner.
Reviews and Analysis:
Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios. etc
- Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
- Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the EXDE team following preliminary review.
- Under the supervision of a designated EXDE staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
- Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
- Prepare and manage EXDE transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making.
- Submission of departmental Monthly reports to the Director.
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank.
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
- Develop, update and manage a database of Export Development Intermediaries.
- Representing EXDE department in Internal & external meetings when required to do so.
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
- Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which EXDE actions are required.
- Liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients
- Supporting the EXDE team with administrative services during missions and conferences.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 3 years.
- Masters Degree in a relevant field an added advantage.
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Being able to be multitasked, Proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply