CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSB
The role of the position holder will be to support the development and implementation of strategies and plans for the Bank’s communication process with external and internal stakeholders, including shareholders, customers, partners and the media, and the management of Bank organized events. The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s public information team, supporting relations with the media and ensuring effective communication of the Bank’s message through the use of such tools as press releases, corporate brochures, website articles and publications updates, client communications, and presentations, and managing the Bank’s brand image.
- Support the management of Bank-organised events and activities by coordinating planning and ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met.
- Ensure timely implementation of activities related to the Bank’s event management strategy to give visibility to Bank-organised events so as to promote the Bank’s mandate and brand.
- Ensure effective design, production and delivery of Bank events.
- Provide support for the management of events organized by the Bank, including coordinating and liaising with event management agencies engaged by the Bank.
- Manage staff and agency personnel retained by the Bank for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of Bank events, including venues, promotion, fees, invitations, speakers, special guests, vendor payments, communications, and logistics.
- Calculate budgets.
- Ensure definition of the Bank’s corporate brand through events.
- Give approval for event-related items, such as music and menus.
- Analyse event performance and prepare post-event reports.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, or related discipline and a post graduate degree in the same or related fields from a recognized University;
- Professional communications practice and experience of not less than six to eight years, preferably at international level, with not less than two years as a working journalist;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and proficiency or good working knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (French, Arabic and Portuguese) is an added advantage;
- Strong digital and social media management skills;
- Familiarity with functions and operating modalities of financial service institutions will be a clear advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and good knowledge of the African continent;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours, with short deadlines, where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives; and
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
- 6-month Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply