Reference No. PAB
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: PAB
The role of the position holder will be to manage all aspects of Compliance Risk Management and Corporate Government Programs at the Bank, in conjunction with the Head of Compliance.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing
- Work as a team and fully support the Head of Compliance Department in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing through embedding a compliance culture across the Bank and ensuring that the Bank’s infrastructure is not willfully compromised to facilitate proceeds of crime or funding of terrorism activities;
- Ensure that the Bank’s standards related to anti-money laundering policies, and practices are effectively implemented by all staff. Perform assessments for compliance with internal policies and procedures on anti-money laundering;
- Monitor AML/CFT and fraud trends, intelligence, typologies, and regulatory developments; and make recommendations to implement or improve transaction controls and/or monitoring programs accordingly;
- Regularly perform checks to ensure that the controls in place are adequate to mitigate the Bank against money laundering risks;
Managing Financial Crime Risk
- Review all CDD (Customer Due Diligence) reports, check for completeness and probe for further information as is required;
- Coordinate the collection of management information and statistics as required for Customer Due Diligence reporting;
- Coordinate the follow-up of recommended actions identified during CDD Analysis and monitoring;
- Regularly perform checks to ensure that the controls in place are adequate to mitigate the Bank against Financial Crime risks;
Financial Crime Intelligence
- Perform analysis of global and regional trends regarding money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit cross boarder financial crimes and make recommendations to implement or improve transaction controls and/or monitoring programmes accordingly;
- Ensure that the Bank’s subscriptions on watch lists providers are up-to-date and relevant;
- Support the Head of Compliance in the design, implementation, and oversight of the Bank’s compliance controls and monitoring programs that meet best standards practices and align with a risk based approach;
- Research, analyze, identify, propose guidance or problem resolution, and prepare memos, presentations, and other documents on all topics impacting compliance controls and monitoring programmes;
- Identify compliance and corporate governance key risk indicators; define and maintain periodic monitoring and reporting;
- Assist with the compliance risk assessment process ensuring that the compliance risks are appropriately identified and assessed. Update the compliance risk register, and follow up on actions as appropriate;
- Draft communication and participate in organizing training programmes for Employees, Senior Management and Board of Directors;
- Conduct annual Compliance reviews to ensure that all staff are compliant and they are knowledgeable of their obligations as employees of Afreximbank;
- Develop innovative ideas that can help accelerate and enhance compliance functions of the Bank.
- Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc reports as required;
- Provide input and support to the Head of Compliance in producing reports to Senior Management on global and regional compliance trends and developments.
- Actively participate and fully support the Head of Compliance Department in preparations and launching of all forums that are hosted by the Bank through the Compliance Department.
Any other duties
- Perform any other departmental duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Compliance Department that enables the Department to maintain a balance between routine Businesses as Usual (BAU) and adhoc tasks at any given time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant degree in related areas such as Banking, Risk Management, Law or equivalent programme from a recognized University plus a post graduate degree in a related field with minimum 8 years working experience;
- A professional certification/qualification, will be an added advantage;
- Must demonstrate the ability and sound knowledge of KYC/AML requirements with experience of at least 5 years in this function;
- Knowledgeable about international financial regulations and laws;
- Must demonstrate profound understanding and appreciation of the Compliance functions in a financial institution, preferably at a trade finance institution;
- Ability to review customer KYC/CDD documentation, make an assessment of inherent AML risks and produce a detailed reports for decision making by Senior Management;
- Ability to draft policies, interpret policy documents and provide inputs where required;
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the financial services industry;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa, and outside Africa;
- Ability to regularly make complex decisions based on conflicting information;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and make compliance based decisions;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages (French, Portuguese, and Arabic) are an added advantage;
- Team player and ability to challenge constructively;
- Impeccable report writing skills, thorough and accurate;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through reviewing professional; publications; establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporate entities and governments; and
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply