Reference No. TJBLR
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
All roles offer Tax Free Salaries paid in USD and other benefits.
Reference Number: TJBLR
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide professional input into the organization of a sound “documentary credit unit” to support the Bank’s activities which will include but will not be restricted to the following components;
- Support the handling all forms of Letters of Credit including the issuance, confirming, advising, negotiating and amending;
- Support the handling documentary collections including incoming and outgoing collections and remittances as well as acceptances and avals;
- Issuing, amending, and liquidating all types of letters of guarantee (bid bond; performance; payment; standby and counter guarantees);
- Able to do a first level check on shipping documents received under letters of credit and other trade instrument;
- Ensure relevant entries are passed including all the contingent liability entries, and monitor all the relevant GLs to ensure they reflect the correct information;
- Understand the dynamics of clean payments under trade finance, and able to support this function as and when required;
- Monitor inward SWIFT correspondences and coordinate the timely response of all transaction-related queries received;
- Prepare document cover schedule for delivery of documents under documentary credit and collections; and
- Ensuring all transactional files and registers are properly updated in a timely manner
b) Assist in reconciling customer account with the general ledger in Finance Department;
c) Coordinate the timely preparation and submission of periodic Trade activity report which will be sent to Management;
d) Liaising with customers through the front office; and
e) Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or related subject from a recognized University.
- A professional qualification in Banking like certification as a documentary credit specialist or similar qualification is an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 5 years with a reputable Banking organization, of which at least 3 years has been in the Trade Services operations area;
- Demonstrable organizational and planning and support skills;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Good knowledge of SWIFT application and the relevant message types applicable to Trade Services. Ability to work with the Bank’s back-office application for the posting of entries;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Good team spirit and ability to function effectively in a documentary credits segment in a fairly complex banking environment. Willingness and ability to work extra hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines;
- The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of supporting back office operations in a fairly complex and change oriented banking environment and show a good understanding of relevant rules; and
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD