Reference No. PAB
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Business Banking Officer (CBBO) will lead the bank’s three delivery segments (Medium Enterprise & Corporate Banking, Treasury and Alternative Channels). The CBBO will partner with other key departments (Business Strategy & Marketing, Retail Banking, Human Capital, Technology, Compliance and Risk) to fulfill a wide variety of strategic initiatives. The CBBO will be responsible for meeting customers' needs by designing, integrating, and delivering innovative products to legacy and newly approved markets.
- Coordinate delivery of products and services through the three customer segments (Medium Enterprise & Corporate, Treasury and alternative Channels);
- Direct the development of objectives and goals for the Business banking division, including a formal yearly plan and budget.
- Build an extensive Agent & Franchise Network across the country
- Manage the implementation of operating policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of lending, and depository banking services and products in a profitable, consistent and effective manner.
- Direct the development and delivery of existing, as well as, new profitable banking services and products.
- Manage Business banking in the selections, guidance and the development of objectives and goals
- Call on the largest or most important existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development program.
- Promote the bank at all times, be knowledgeable of the products available, and seek opportunities to sell these products.
- Evaluate acquisition opportunities from the Business perspective, including managing integration plans, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to create and manage compensation plans, including variable compensation, for all Business Officers and staff.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a timely basis in accordance with bank's performance appraisal policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Business Strategy & Marketing Officer in the development and implementation of marketing plans and programs to increase community's awareness of banking services and attract new customers.
- Administer evaluation of requests for donations, sponsorships, etc.
- Participate in the bank's business development activities; represent the bank in industrial and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc., and promote the bank's favorable image.
- Excellent Command of English (Verbal & Written)
- Strong Negotiator
- Problem Analysis & Problem Solving Skills balanced with creativity to seek, encourage and find effective services approaches
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Achievement Orientation
- Business Perspective
- Client Focus
- Creativity and Innovation
- Interactive Communication
- Planning and Organization
- Relationship Building
- Risk Taking
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Leadership
- Vision and Alignment
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree
- Strong experience in Medium Enterprise & Corporate banking with at least 5-10 years in a leadership position.
- Strong Experience in Treasury
- Extensive executive level management experience, decision making, planning, project management and organizational skills and knowledge and experience in dealing with government and non-government institutions and professional staff.
- The ability to initialize methodical business development practices that produce results.
- Excellent relations with the community, has a desire to be actively involved in the community; and develop and grow profitable business relationships.
- Ideally have developed an agent- and / or Franchise Network
- Proven commitment to service the customer in times of change.
- Track record of sustainably improving deposit, loan, and customer growth.
- Expertise in establishing goals tied to strategic initiatives and scorecard management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills (English), spoken and written Dari beneficial