CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DLR
Reference Number: DVM
Responsible for the planning, organizing, budgeting, resource allocation and control of day-to-day activities of the Bank. Collaborate with the CEO in the overall administration to achieve the Bank’s goals & objectives.
- Manage the Bank’s operations to ensure maximum profits commensurate with the best interest of shareholders, customers, employees and the public.
- Coordinate with operations and support functions of the Bank to ensure high level of service efficiency, proper controls, delegation of authority and work closely with CEO to achieve the Bank’s goals & objectives.
- Monitor Bank's systems, processes, workflows and procedures ensuring compliance to regulatory, bank governance and policies/procedures.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for products & services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Maintain an objective and key performance indicator reporting process that supports appropriate decision making, on-going planning, performance review and incident management.
- Oversee operations and support functions of the Bank to ensure that various projects/initiatives are in progress as planned and deadlines are met.
- Supervise the risk mitigation process and the reporting thereof to improve the Bank’s control framework.
- Monitor and ensure that all security checks are in place in the IT systems with proper back up, business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Work with Bank’s HR to ensure recruitment of quality staff at all levels, motivate and train employees, develop talent and promote effective performance management.
- Re-balance resources between different areas e.g. reallocating budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
- Review performance against deliverables as prescribed by the management, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Postgraduate degree / MBA or equivalent masters level
- South African citizen
- Experience in a similar role in the banking / financial industry
- Strong experience in IT & Operations
- Minimum 15 years of management exposure across a range of business disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of Branch Operations, processes and regulations
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- Knowledge of risk management, credit principles, IT and banking systems
- Ability to critically evaluate situations, make decisions and manage people
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English