Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
Support Social Impact Programmes
- To support the Funds and portfolio companies with the development and implementation of small-scale farmer out-grower programmes.
- To seek NGO support for the programmes.
- To monitor and report on the success of these programmes through conducting surveys.
- To establish and design monitoring programs that will produce reliable statistical information to demonstrate changes relating to the impact program.
- To establish benchmarks to create meaningful comparisons against these benchmarks.
- To produce statistical analyses of the data and to develop data-based evidence of impact over time.
- This may include managing Third Party advisors or data gatherers.
Implementation of ESG Investment Codes
- To oversee the implementation of the company’s Responsible Investment Code (RIC) and IFC performance standards (the “ESG Investment Codes”) where applicable across portfolio companies.
Provide Portfolio Company Support
- Support portfolio companies to develop appropriate Social and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS) including agreed ESG Action Plans.
- Support portfolio companies in producing quarterly and annual reports on progress against their ESG Action Plans.
- Provide ESG training as required at the portfolio companies.
- Support portfolio company engagement with communities.
- This may include managing Third Party ESG Advisors.
- ESG due diligence on target acquisitions to assess relative compliance with the ESG Investment Codes and to draw up Action Plans aimed at achieving compliance over a reasonable timeframe.
- Report on visits to portfolio companies
- Assist with a range of reporting requirements for the Investment Committee, investors, OPIC and MIGA as necessary.
Investor, OPIC and MIGA Interaction
- To participate in meetings with Investors, OPIC and MIGA to present and discuss ESG matters as required.
- To accompany Investors, OPIC and MIGA on due diligence or monitoring visits to portfolio companies as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant ESG postgraduate qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ESG analyst
- Experience on the ‘social’ aspects of ESG e.g. resettlement, community liaison, stakeholder engagement reporting, monitoring social impact, conducting surveys
- Working knowledge of the International Finance Corporation Performance Standards
- South African national
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with statistics
- Statistical training is preferred
- Comfortable to travel across Africa and Europe (on a frequent basis)
- Comfortable to work alone
- Good written, analytical and presentation skills
- Language: Good English. Other useful languages: Afrikaans, Portuguese, Swahili, Bemba etc.