Reference No. PB
Ref no: PAB
- Provide leadership to the business and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan including its vision, mission, values and objectives covering the short term thrust (12-18 months) and long term thrust (3 to 5 years). The defined strategy has to result in both financial and economic benefit for the shareholders
- The defined strategy has to be anchored on a drive for revenue growth, optimal cost management, profitable business units and overall sustainable growth of the company
- Oversee the company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost effective management of financial, human capital, and natural resources in accordance with the defined strategy
- This role should be able to influence company-wide policies, procedures, practices and overall compliance to all applicable legislative prescripts.
- The role has to drive a culture of performance through the development and execution of human capital strategies that result in the retention of critical skills, development that is aligned to the overall strategy of the organisation and acquisition of the best talent for the organisation
1. STRATEGIC THINKING
- Formulates objectives and priorities
- Capitalises on opportunities and identifies and mitigates risks.
- Scans an ever-changing, complex environment in anticipation of emerging crises and opportunities
- Develops well-informed advice and strategies that are sensitive to the various needs of multiple stakeholders and partners
- Positions the organisation for success
- Builds brand equity and positive corporate reputation
- Plan, develop and implement overall company strategies for generating revenue (quality products and targeted volume growth) for the company.
- Communicate the strategy and ensure there is implementation thereof across all levels within the organisation
- Ensures that the divisional operational plans are the delivery of objectives
- Position the company to be a reputable company locally, nationally and globally
2. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive Executive Team to ensure optimal organisational performance against both annual targets and company’s long term strategy
- Ensure effective succession planning for Executive Management and Directors
- Ensure effective management of human capital of the company according to authorised policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Ensure appropriate employment equity and transformation programmes in the company
- Lead and direct the conceptualisation and implementation of optimal organisational design, innovative development strategies and sound reward and recognition policies
- Direct and control day to day activities of the company and subsidiary and maintain a hands on approach with all operational requirements
- Oversight on the delivery of operations of Product quality and integrity that conforms to international approved industry standards whilst not impacting negatively on the environment
- Oversee efficient Operations of the organisation to ensure alignment to the corporate plan and strategic and objectives.
- Lead, monitor, track and report on operational targets, company asset integrity and Performance
- Lead the drive for alignment across organisational value chain to drive performance
- Lead and monitor the approval and implementation of the operational and capital budget to ensure the company funds are optimally utilised in meeting business objectives for long term sustainability and growth
- Ensure optimal organisational performance against both annual budget and the company’s long-term strategy.
- Support the CFO in developing a borrowing plan and sourcing of funding
- Direct the development of a sound financial plan that also mitigate against hedging risk
- Direct the development and execution of a sound investment policy
- Lead and manage the development and execution of CAPEX strategy
- Ensure that the company develops and maintains a sustainable positive cashflow at all times
- Deliver bottom line results, managing both income statement and balance sheet
- Asset management
5. GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
- Drive compliance to specific internally established control systems and authorities.
- To lead by example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental and safety policies.
- Compliance to SHEQ management practices and ensure – safety of employees and the environment and contractors
- To ensure effective internal controls and information management systems are in place
- To ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business
- Ensure the enforcement of proper governance as well as compliance to policies and procedures.
- Lead transformation of the sector
- Oversee compliance to all accounting protocols and processes
6. STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Develop positive reputation for the company through promotion of sound stakeholder relations in the industry.
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relations through effective communication across all levels within the organisation, but particularly at executive and board levels, organised labour and industry formations
- To communicate effectively with employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders including Public Relation
7. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Adopting organisational strategies
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- Discusses the implications of change constructively with others
- Rewards change acceptance and discourages change resistance
- Keeps self and others calm and focused during times of change or ambiguity
- Volunteers to lead change initiatives
- Consults and persuades others of the need for change
- Identifies and assists in resolving resistance to change
- Mentors others on the leadership of change
Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant Experience: 15 years or more Industrial experience and should have worked in a senior position for at least 10 years and at least five of the ten years should be at executive management level. A minimum of 5 of these years should have been spent managing people
- The minimum required qualification for this position is a post graduate tertiary qualification and a relevant business qualification (e.g. CA, MBL, LLB, or MBA).
- Have a proven background in a capital intensive environment such as, but not limited to: petrochemical, Utilities, Energy, Oil & Gas, Renewables, or support services to these industries (Upstream and Downstream experience will be an added advantage)
- Talent for strategic leadership to facilitate transition together with strong commercial and financial acumen and a successful track record of operating in a customer focused B2B services business
- Credible leadership and management, vision, ambition and an ability to lead culture change,