CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DAG
Reference number: DVM
The company is a retail financial services company providing micro-finance solutions to the African market (ex-South Africa). The Head of Credit & Risk will look after all collections strategies, credit granting and policies & procedures regarding this across the countries in Africa where the client operates. The candidate needs to be willing & able to travel to operations in Africa on a regular basis.
- Implementing the credit risk and collections strategy as determined by the board of directors.
- Assisting the senior management team and board of directors to ensure compliance to applicable legislation in all countries of trade and to reduce the risk of failed collections by implementing appropriate collections processes and campaigns.
- Maintaining awareness of regional and international risks that might impact the overall payment and collections performance and taking appropriate action to prevent or reduce the impact thereof to the business.
- Interpreting collections information and trends and making recommendations to the Technical Advisory Committee based on the interpretation of such information.
- Forming the bridge between senior management and local or regional management and motivating and influencing regional collections teams to perform at required levels.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant tertiary qualification (such as a B Com or B Com Law Degree) is preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant, working experience in a similar role or a similar organisation (banking / microfinance industry).
- South African citizen
- Previous experience within Financial Services is essential.
- Previous collections experience is essential. The successful candidate will have worked in a collections department.
- The successful candidate will have a legal background. The candidate needs to understand the legal side of collections and compliance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have collections experience in multi-national African Countries.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
- Self-assurance and a confident manner.
- Proven people management and leadership skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A self-starter who shows initiative and assumes responsibility for projects.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks within strict time frames within a fast paced environment.
- High energy levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking.
- The ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom.
- The ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and clients.