Reference No. MIM
Reference number: MIM
Our client is a non-profit organisation that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
Our client currently manages 12 parks in different African countries
Provide strategic leadership and advice to the organisation in the area of people & organizational development by maximizing the potential of the company’s human resources and increasing organizational performance to fulfil the mission & vision while remaining true to its core values. Support the Management unit (PMU) within the parks and the Executive team in developing leadership capacity. The HR director will be part of Exco and will drive HR strategy and development. They will also operate as the HR Director for the PMU team at Park Level, whereby the advice, coach, mentor and support Senior Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Park Management Unit (PMU) and Exco team in creating a culture of transformational leadership, strategically aligned organisational culture and engaged workforce.
- Advise and support the PMU and Exco on all aspects relating to HR leadership and organizational development to create an enabling environment and increase employees’ productivity.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Ops Director in Strategy Management in setting up and management of organisation wide performance accountability systems and HR balance scorecard in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop, lead and implement in the execution of the HR strategies.
- Contribute to the development of all the group entities HR strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that each office priorities is integrated and prioritized with the greater organisation.
Technical, Operational & Administrative Support:
- Work closely with PMU and Exco by providing technical guidance and input in the areas of Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Contribute to the development of global policies, guidelines and standards relating to HR and provide leadership in contextualizing and mainstreaming these within each entity.
- Adapt creative and innovative HR strategies and practices in recruitment, reward, talent and performance management, staff care and human resource development.
- Lead and manage HR team ensuring effective and efficient services to all the customers.
- Facilitate implementation of HR initiatives implemented such as Leadership Development, Talent Management, and Succession Planning etc.
- Ensure that HR systems, policies and procedures meet the minimum HR standards for effective management of human resources.
- Ensure office’s compliance with local labour law including work permits, visa, and office registration.
- Lead the assessment, development and implementation of an integrated global capacity building based on priorities and strategy.
- Share / facilitate access to HR training resources and support opportunities for PMU and Exco. These may include conducting training, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Manage and own the recruitment for PMU and Head Office.
- Lead the process of continuous learning in HR practices, systems and tools that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness the organization.
- Encourage mutual learning between the entire group (12 entities throughout Africa).
Quality Assurance/Risk Management:
- Lead, monitor and evaluate the progress of human resources management practices ensuring compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Advises and supports in addressing gaps/issues in HR practices as necessary and appropriate.
- Support the PMU and Exco in addressing performance, compliance and risk relating to HR issues in the different branches and Head Office.
- Act as a strategic link and focal point for connecting Head Office and all branches for mutual support.
- Develop external strategic HR networks and linkages with other International Organizations, NGOs, HR consulting groups to expand HR network.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by CEO and Management
- All other stakeholders
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development. A relevant Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Studies or an MBA.
- Proven record of accomplishment of effective contribution as a member of the top team of a multi-national leadership group, reporting to a CEO-type role.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of Human Resources management and staff development, and knowledge of HR and OD practices, group processes and dynamics and recruitment and apply such in an African context.
- Requires minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Development with significant organizational development experience or related fields, in a complex, international organization (preferably in an NGO context).
- A proven record of developing people in a cross-cultural setting and initiating and implementing organizational change specifically with working experience in Africa and restricted contexts.
- Strong analytical, organizational, facilitation and leadership skills,
- Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills.
- Experience in managing diversity and maximizing diversity to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have good knowledge of computer programmes (i.e. MS Office, Sage, HRMIS systems, etc.).
Start date: March 2018
Reporting to: CEO
Supervise: HR and Payroll Officers