Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
The Sales Manager will maintain responsibility for leading the sales team in Kenya.The Sales Manager will utilize his/her expertise and extensive sales experience to develop and manage the sales force in order to increase new business and to grow the current business. This includes monitoring of all sales related policies and procedures, their effectiveness as operating controls in the relevant business environment and performance of all sales staff.
- Increase market share driven by the targets set for the financial year
- Direct & supervise all sales staff & agents in Kenya (through regional / branch managers)
- Conduct regular meetings with teams to ensure they are meeting expectations and are on target
- Make sure the teams have daily & weekly sales plans in place and that these are being monitored
- Continuously track & monitor sales teams performance
- Plan, organize & conduct business presentations with current & new clients
- Reporting to management on sales & marketing activities & targets
- Ensure customer service is at the highest levels and the brand is promoted within Kenya
- Maintain fluency in product knowledge and procedures necessary for conducting client interviews, marketing initiatives and follow-ups.
- Regular reviewing of the company’s value proposition, benchmarking against competitor offerings and making recommendations on product revisions.
- Recommend strategies for improving operations of the sales department and image of the brand.
- Ensure sufficient and suitable training of all sales staff and agents.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Kenyan national
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferable.
- At least 5 years of experience in a managerial position within a high performance sales environment.
- Previous experience within the financial services or insurance sector is essential.
- Previous experience within the Microfinance sector will be advantageous.
- Previous sales and/or new business development experience is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the role.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to analyse data, identify trends and form reasonable conclusions.
- Strong time management skills – the ability to prioritise and manage workflow.
- A strong work ethic.
- A self-starter who is proactive, shows initiative and displays high levels of self-motivation.
- Ability to work and think independently.
- An inquisitive nature and desire to learn.
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, company management and clients.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve meaningful results.