Reference No. MIM
Reference Number: MIM
The Senior Project Manager will define, scope, initiate and manage large departmental projects with moderate to high risk while supporting business and program management staff. Typical scope of the projects will be greater than 6 months, involve more than 10 FTEs which are cross functional and be a project that is critical to the company meeting its objectives. Team members in a Project Manager role are expected to display core competencies such as Project Delivery, Financial Management, Risk Management, and Estimating and Planning.
Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. They deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Defines, documents and executes projects of extreme high risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Drafts feasibility studies, risk assessments and statements of work.
- May develop or assist in developing business cases for large projects with significant impact to company goals.
- Responsible for producing all typical project documentation – detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans and status reports.
- Determines project methodology.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Agrees scope and constraints to enable costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to be estimated.
- Has responsibility to ensure project deliverables are demonstrably fit for purpose.
- Gains commitments to ensure corrective actions are taken if costs, timescales or resources deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders and ensure full impact of significant changes are understood by project stakeholders.
- Ensures all parties are aware of project scope and milestones.
- Highlights divergence from that scope, and adjusts it where necessary to reflect changing circumstances, acts a communication liaison.
- Will define, scope, initiate and manage large complex and business critical areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
- Leads the definition, delivery and deployment phases of the Project Process, including liaison with the budget holder.
- Initiating and managing multiple large projects in parallel, based in multiple locations and with multiple dependencies in & out, with no supervision.
- Produces project financial reporting.
- Works with functional units to coordinate staffing to align with funding.
- Assists management with staffing including resource planning, forecasting, and recruiting.
- Analyzes capacity planning across projects.
- Uses influence to eliminate bottlenecks and potential resource alignment problems.
- Deliver projects to support company’s ability to achieve revenue targets in customer segments.
- Manages programs within standard project management methodologies to time, quality and budget.
- Many different parts of the organization need to be involved to achieve goals, some may have conflicting priorities and working (cultural) practices are very different.
- Relationships, Internal: Project team, senior line management.
- Relationships, External: senior business stakeholders and management, vendor management, other project teams.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Professional certification such as PMP from the Project Management Institute.
- Experience must demonstrate managing projects (with teams based in multiple locations) to successfully deliver within specified timescales and budget
- Project Delivery – Fully Competent
- Project Risk Management – Fully Competent
- Project Staff Management – Fully Competent
- Project Communication – Fully Competent
- Project 3rd Party Management -Fully Competent
- Improving Project Performance – Fully Competent
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Fully Competent
- Change & Transformational Programs – Fully Competent
- Financial Management & Project Accounting – Working Knowledge
- Business Knowledge – Working Knowledge
- Project Dependency Management – Fully Competent
- Stakeholder Management – Fully Competent
- Project Estimating & Planning – Expert
- Project Governance & Assurance – Working Knowledge
- Portfolio Management – Working Knowledge
- Driving Results
- Focusing on Customers
- Setting Direction
- Thinking Globally
- Inspiring Others
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Salary: R 600 000 – R 800 000 per annum
- Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
- Duration: Perm (option to be employed on a contract basis can be arranged)
- Start Date: 1 December 2017