Reference No. MIM
Reference Number: MIM
Our client is currently looking for a Solutions Specialist to develop and execute a focused sales plan and drive sales of their FX & FI Desktop and Trading solutions in the Sub Saharan Africa region. The successful candidate will typically have 5 + years’ of industry, sales or market experience. A Sales Specialist must have a comprehensive understanding of the FX markets, as well as in depth knowledge of the fixed income space, including an understanding of the daily workflow of fixed income traders, brokers and portfolio managers. The Solutions Specialist must demonstrate deep domain knowledge of products/solutions, markets, industry professionals, trends, and understand the competitor landscape for their assigned customer segment. Through the deployment of a consultative sales process, the Solution Specialist is accountable for identifying, attracting, qualifying, proposing potential solutions, and driving/accelerating sales to achieve gross sales targets. This is a quota bearing position.
Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Have a strong network in the FX & FI market place across Southern Africa.
- Ability to understand the workings of how the Fixed Income markets work, including the ability to talk around the pricing of bonds, cash flow analysis, yield and spread analysis, curve analysis as well as the rates markets.
- Proactively hunt for new business, identify and generate sales to existing and new customers.
- Business Acumen: understand levers available to increase sales and to apply these principles to support the company’s strategies; Knows finance, marketing, and operations drivers behind customer decisions and ensures team members address these when preparing account plans and customer offerings;
- Value Creation: Highly skilled at demonstrating the unique value created by the company’s offering and making the business case as to how the offering is uniquely differentiated,
- Enterprise Wide Thinking: Is highly adept at considering customer's larger business and strategic challenges in an enterprise-wide context and how they might be addressed through the company’s offering
- Actively respond to customer needs and proposes creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value to customers
- Respond quickly to new leads working with urgency to progress deals through the sales cycle
- Continuously drive business development to keep the pipeline full for your area and where possible open new leads for colleagues
- Maintain customer and opportunity data with discipline to enhance customer insight and ensure accurate forecasting
- Assist in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to the customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Proven track record in solutions selling – Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, developing
- Strong sales ‘closer’ with proven track record hitting and exceeding aggressive sales targets
- Financial markets knowledge with an understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- Experience engaging and negotiating with business stakeholders at a senior level i.e. heads of trading
- Strong entrepreneurial self-starter skills.
- Sufficient technical know-how to engage constructively with heads of technology, infrastructure and operations
- Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/consultative selling) as a “hunter”
- Strong sales ‘closer’
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
- Executive Presence
- Over 5 years of industry, sales or market experience
- Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
- Experience selling to c- level executives
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Salary: R 750 000 (with a 50% commission)
- Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
- Duration: Perm
- Quota bearing position.