Pomology Job in Africa (Apples and Pears) – Work as a Farm Manager
Pomology is a branch of horticulture that studies fruit cultivation, especially tree-grown crops.
An exciting job opportunity for a Farm Manager has opened on our client’s deciduous fruit estate in the Western Cape, South Africa. They are looking for an energetic, suitably qualified individual to look after a section of their deciduous fruit estate of approximately 400 hectares. Ideally they are looking for someone who has pomology experience (specifically apples and pears). The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Agricultural Manager.
Farm Manager Responsibilities
- Manage a commercial farming unit within the expected budgetary and agronomic parameters
- Look after administration & records
- Security, hygiene, welfare
- Vehicle control & maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Orchard operations
- Technical controls
- Personnel/ Industrial Relations Responsibilities
- Ad hoc duties as required
Farm Manager Requirements
- Pomology (apples and pears).
- Labour Relations, Admin, Language and Motivation Skills experience
- An appropriate 3-year Tertiary Qualification will be a distinct advantage
- At least 3 years’ farm management experience in a similar horticultural environment is essential
Tired of being rejected for a job? Here’s how to cope with job rejection.