CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. THJ
- To provide actuarial support and business solutions to internal and external stakeholders of the company’s Insurance business, in line with the company’s Client Value Proposition
- Co-ordination of the model validation workstream, ensuring appropriate timing of deliverables from external vendors and that they are sufficiently complete and of appropriate quality
- Setting up new models or implementing changes to them to resolve calculation deficiencies in the Corporate Actuarial team
- Subject to appropriate modelling experience, co-ordinate the implementation of model changes by the rest of the Corporate Actuarial team
- Providing technical input and guidance on business problems Corporate Actuarial have been asked to assist with
- Review financial performance relative to market trends.
- Assess the end result of business projects by reference to key performance indicators mapped out in the business case.
- Ensure continued stakeholder education and engagement on key findings.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Interpretation of business volumes and measure these against the target set out on a monthly basis.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Identify and drive the enhancements and report on existing products as well to provide input on the creation of new products.
- Regularly monitor the profile of business taken on and understand the business impact thereof.
- Provides oversight and interpretation on monthly reports on actuarial-based requirements for the business via business presentations.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the company’s vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals.
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- A newly qualified (fellow) actuary, but mid-level to senior students will also be considered
- Have experience coding and enhancing modelling software: e.g. Prophet, Moses or Mo.net
- Have 5 or more years of experience in a life reporting environment, being required to explain changes in reserves and embedded value