CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LIPBLRA1
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LIPBLRA1
- Reviews and Analysis:
- Preliminary preparation and review of all official documentation required for the MD IATI’s office including financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers and partners for purposes of meetings, presentations, conferences etc.
- Assist the MD IATI in researching for and preparing required documentation for policy advocacy and government relations, including relationships with Regional Economic Communities;
- Assist the MD IATI in researching for and preparing required documentation for resource mobilization for major regional infrastructure projects, including convening conferences;
- Assisting the MD IATI in evaluating and making first level response to client requests and proposals to ensure that they are timely and passed on to the relevant team members to handle;
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to team members following preliminary review.
- Receive and record all intra-African trade finance proposals, pre-assessment memos and draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products and present them to MD IATI after ensuring that all required information is captured adequately;
- Prepare and manage Intra-African trade transaction pipeline reports on a timely basis.
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision-making;
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submissions of Monthly Reports and other ad-hoc reports, to the MD IATI.
- Business Development:
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank;
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements;
- Provide support to the MD IATI in managing an efficient Intra-African Trade Information and Export Advisory Services;
- Provide support to the MD IATI in managing all intra-African trade customer relations, originating and on-boarding clients;
- Develop, update and manage a database of Intra-African Trade Finance Intermediaries; and
- Coordinating specific publicity and business development events like Conferences, Exhibitions, Road Shows, etc, on behalf of the MD IATI’s office, where Afreximbank is participating and is tasked to lead; and
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
- Provides administrative support to the Committees chaired by the MD as instructed by the MD;
- Following up on action-tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which actions are required;
- liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients;
- coordinate logistics and activities of external visitors to the office of the MD including drafting of official letters, advising the MD of incoming communication and preparing the appropriate responses as may be advised by the MD;
- ensure that all correspondences to and from the MD is filed in the required manner for ease of accessibility while protecting the confidentiality of the documents, and
- promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receive all phone calls/enquiries on behalf of the MD’s office and records and relays messages as may be required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information;
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant post graduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 5 years;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals; and
- Being able to multitask, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply