CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVMBLR006
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: DVMBLR006
Develop and co-ordinate the equity mobilisation related research and investor relations to support the Bank’s capital raising process with a particular focus on African financial institutions, governments, corporations and high net worth individuals.
Play a critical role in presenting a consistent investor value proposition to Afreximbank's investment community and for monitoring and presenting a relevant summary of investor feedback regarding the Bank’s performance to senior leadership. An excellent communicator, passionate educator and strong financial analyst.
- Support the development of the Bank’s strategy in the area of investor relationship management to ensure that it is managed with a long term perspective;
- Research, identify, cultivate and manage existing, potential investors and analysts in a bid to ensure that the Bank’s pool of capital is fit for purpose;
- Analyze Afreximbank’s shareholder base and identify underweight or non-investors with whom Afreximbank ought to meet/develop a relationship;
- Work with the Communications Unit, to maintain and improve relations and communications between the organization and the investing public, shareholders and financial professionals to enhance the standing of the organization's stock and debt;
- Support senior management and other staff with research and information requested for their reports and presentations;
- Lead the creation of presentations, press releases and other communication materials for earnings, industry events, and presentations to analysts and investors;
- Respond to routine analyst and investor inquiries in a timely manner;
- Work with other functions in the Bank in ensuring that all company communications to investors are integrated and consistent;
- Develop and maintain the Investor Relations section of the Bank’s external website;
- Develop Investor Relations functions including expanding and managing investor targeting and tracking systems;
- Monitor analyst reports and summarize them for senior management;
- Manage the preparations for all the “road shows”, investor conferences both domestically and internationally, both on-site and off-site;
- Develop and maintain systems that provide control of investor and shareholder interactions and improve the marketability of organization's stocks and bonds;
- Provide analytical support for any “ go to the market” initiatives the Bank may choose to use for purposes of raising additional equity for the Bank to ensure full subscription; and
- Provide regular feedback to management and other stakeholders on investment/analyst community perceptions of the Bank, concerns, and investment criteria.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good first degree (not below a second class lower honours degree) from a leading University in either Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position;
- Candidates should hold a post graduate degree in a related field from a reputable university, with up to 8 years of relevant experience. However, candidates without a post graduate degree but with a recognised investment management (e.g. CFA) and at least 10 years of relevant corporate finance/investment banking experience in an international commercial environment may also apply;
- Prior experience should include knowledge of finance, banking, capital markets, and business planning/development. Experience as a financial analyst, industry analyst or similar work in finance is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of strategic communication, investor relations, marketing, and the media;
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate;
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking;
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting and escalation of issues where appropriate;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply