CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LIPBLR5
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LIPBLR5
- Please note that this is a 1-year contract role.
Drive business development and Client account management
- Create a business plan to ensure sustainable growth and increased market share for the platform in terms of subscribers, agents and contributors of Customer Due Diligence data/ profile.
- Develop a structured, focused and executable account plan and sales strategy to acquire and retain subscribers and contributors of CDD profiles/data to the platform.
- Lead the overall planning, direction, and control of sales for the Mansa Platform Business, and coordinate the management of relationships of key segments assigned to direct reports.
- Create and manage an opportunity plan for the CDD platform business; in terms of acquiring agents, partners and subscribers to the platform.
- Articulate our proposition to key stakeholders, prospect agents, clients and organizations.
- Monitor KYC Utilities (KYC/ CDD digital solutions) industry trends, intelligence, typologies, and regulatory developments.
- Make recommendations to implement or improve platform services accordingly.
- Drive revenue growth through subscription to the platform services.
Manage Platform Services and Innovation
- Manage the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) repository service, which is the primary service of the Platform, and the complementary service of investing in Africa information content.
- Create/Develop new services (or products) and contents.
- Improve existing services (or products) and contents.
- Assist with market expansion.
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies to lower cost, improve user/subscriber experience, and create new compliance services and markets for CDD Repository Platform.
- Ensure the Mansa Platform incorporates all African countries investment information, and continuously maintain the information in the digital platform, in conjunction with content service providers.
- Ensure the digital platform and services adapt to regulatory changes in AML/CFT, KYC/CDD and emerging industry best practices in governance and risk management.
- Drive liaison with multiple stakeholders including Industry associations, regulators, technology service provider with emphasis on KYC/ CDD. and Investment and trade information and opportunities in Africa.
- Provide thought leadership in industry events, seminar, newsletters, blogs and other media channels of repute.
- Articulate compliance and governance requirements to a non-compliance audience and conduct seminars and trainings for Mansa Repository.
- Actively participate and fully support the Head of Compliance Department in preparations and launching of all forums that are hosted by the Bank through the Compliance Department.
Any other duties
- Perform any other departmental duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Compliance Department that enables the Department to maintain a balance between routine Businesses as Usual (BAU) and adhoc tasks at any given time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Social sciences, Computer Science, MIS or relevant degree in related areas such as Banking, Risk Management from a recognized University is acceptable. MBA is required. A professional qualification or other graduate degrees backed up by appropriate business development and marketing experience will be considered in lieu of an MBA degree.
- 8-12 years’ experience in any or combination of Financial Services Institution, Supervisory Authorities, Development Institution, Consulting, Fintech/ Regtech and other related industry in governance and Compliance role and/ or business development and marketing role.
- Must have good business acumen and flair for business development and product sales. Digital product or content business development and sales would be an advantage.
- Must demonstrate the ability and sound knowledge of KYC/AML requirements with experience of at least 3 years in this function.
- Experience with digital platforms or ecommerce portals would be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing (“AML”/“CTF”) laws, and other governing laws and regulations, including but not limited to the following: the rules and regulations overseen by the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”); Sanctions screening; and other requirements applicable to correspondent banking, payments and registered money services businesses (“MSBs”).
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to regularly make complex decisions based on conflicting information.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages (French, Portuguese, and Arabic) are an added advantage.
- Experience in trade finance or trade information will be added advantage.
- Demonstrate team work.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporate entities and governments.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- 1-year contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply