CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVMBLR004
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: DVMBLR004
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”. This will be by managing the strategic direction of and overseeing the management and implementation of the Bank's back financial services operations in line with laid down policies and procedures in order to ensure smooth and uninterrupted financial operations.
The role of the position holder will be to provide strategic direction and management oversight for the Bank's financial operations. This will include, among other things, ensuring that the Bank’s statutory financial statements are prepared in a timely manner as required and that Management and the Board of Directors is supplied with the required financial information (historic figures and future projections) in order to make informed decisions regarding the future of the Business. The job holder manages a professional team of Accountants and support staff and reports to the Executive Vice President (Finance, Administration & Banking Services).
- Participate in establishing, reviewing and implementing the Bank’s strategy as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Organize and lead established day-to-day management of the Bank's financial accounting processes and procedures in line with agreed objectives, policies and procedures and in line with the Bank's strategic plans, for purposes of ensuring the timely production of half yearly and annual financial statements;
- Manage the relationship with both internal and external auditors;
- Ensure the delivery of regular financial performance information, to the Board, Management and staff as may be required, capturing the Bank’s actual performance versus budget and provide overall guidance the process of cost control and management in the Bank;
- Ensure the delivery of required financial performance projections in line with the Bank’s business planning horizons and drive the process of ensuring that these projections are updated regularly and circulated accordingly, in order to enhance the business planning process;
- Ensure that the above financial performance information is delivered as required to external stakeholders e.g. rating agencies, investors and shareholders in a timely and consistent manner;
- Deliver executive-level monthly and quarterly business reviews on day-to-day operations as well as other strategic financial operations to the Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs) and the President;
- Ensure the continuous application of required knowledge and skills and continuous process improvements in financial accounting and management matters through existing business processes and systems and providing leadership in proposing and implementing new ones as may be required by the business;
- Demonstrate leadership ability and management of a team of professionals by successfully leading all matters related to the financial accounting and management processes at all the Bank's locations;
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder by the relevant authorities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Superior first degree (not below a second class lower honours degree) from a leading University in either Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position. Candidates must also hold at least one higher degree from a reputable University in the relevant discipline, in addition to an internationally recognized professional qualification in a relevant field;
- Sound experience of at least 12 years in Banking or the Financial Services industry;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply