CA Global Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A leading Financial services & Insurance provider is currently seeking a Corporate Annuities Reporting Supervisor to join their team in Sandton. This individual will be responsible for delivering the Financial, Capital & risk reporting for the Corporate Annuities book.
- In this role you will manage a small team to deliver the financial, capital and risk reporting for the Corporate Annuities book, which comprises a large with-profits book as well as inflation-linked and non-profit annuities.
- You will work closely with asset managers to ensure portfolios are rebalanced regularly and support the business partner with bonus recommendations.
- There will also be regular interaction with the product team to support the take-on of new schemes.
- This role offers the opportunity to obtain insight into the key financial drivers of the corporate annuity products, link metrics and extract insights for business consideration.
- It will also provide exposure to IFRS17 and offer the opportunity to shape reporting under this new regime.
- Financial & Risk Reporting: Effectively manage the Corporate Segment annuities team to ensure that valuation, capital and other risk reporting are produced accurately, within agreed deadlines and with appropriate supporting commentary.
- Business Partnering: Extracting insights for business consideration and collaborating effectively with both business and specialized areas across all levels.
- IFRS 17 implementation: Manage the team’s involvement in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into Business Unit
- Reporting Capability: Ensuring processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose and ensuring the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Ad-hoc projects: Supporting the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified actuary or Actuarial student with 14 exam credits
- At least 6 years’ experience
- Self-motivated and energetic individuals who enjoy the challenge of tackling complex issues
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Although not required, previous Prophet and VBA experience will be an advantage
- South African nationals preferred