CEO job for African Vaccine Acquisition Trust (AVAT) – Ethiopia or Egypt
The African Vaccine Acquisition Trust (AVAT) was created by the COVID-19 African Vaccine Acquisition Task Team (AVATT) as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to serve as a central entity for the negotiation, procurement and payment for vaccines and act as the interface between AU Member States and COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers.
The COVID-19 African Vaccine Acquisition Task Team (AVATT) was created by His Excellency President Cyril Ramaphosa of the Republic of South Africa in his capacity as Chairperson of the African Union on 7 November 2020. Its mandate is to secure the necessary vaccines and financing to achieve Africa’s COVID-19 vaccination objective.
CA Global has been exclusively retained to assist with the recruitment of this position.
What is Retained Recruitment?
Retained recruitment is our premier service, providing clients who have critical staffing needs with a tailored executive search process. It involves the full recruitment process i.e., Advertising, sourcing of candidates, shortlisting, interview arrangements, qualification and reference checks and offer negotiations. CA Global will personally research and contact each candidate in confidence to determine their interest in, and qualifications for, a particular position, placing great emphasis on the quality and value-add of our search methodologies, and the resulting deliverables. Clients are assigned dedicated consultants /headhunting specialist teams who exclusively carry out the executive search mandate.
Read more about our retained recruitment services.
About the job
Chief Executive Officer – African Vaccine Acquisition Trust (AVAT)
The CEO will lead a team of professionals to manage a large and diverse financing, procurement and distribution operation across the African continent. They will be expected to lead the development of a relevant medium-term strategic plan, which will ensure that the African Vaccine Acquisition Trust (AVAT) is run efficiently and sustainably to achieve its main mandate and objectives.
- National of an African country
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, with post graduate degree in a relevant field or a relevant professional qualification in lieu
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in the public health, FMCG, pharmaceutical or related industries, and demonstrable track record in managing complex operations and stakeholder relationships at
- C-Suite level
- Strong knowledge of the African trade and political environment with established networks at high level in the private and public sectors and with government officials
- Excellent communication, business presentation and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability
- to relate to the highest levels of people in government and the private sector
- Relevant stakeholder management experience, along with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The closing date for all applications is 28 January 2022.
How to apply:
- Ensure that your CV updated with your full employment history.
- Send your CV to Lise Kotze at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lise Kotze is a Managing Consultant: Africa & Global Recruitment and Specialist Headhunter. She specialises in recruitment in the banking and finance space in Africa and will be leading the recruitment for this role.
Connect with Lise Kotze on LinkedIn.
Kindly note that CA Global Finance will only respond to short-listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions. All the best!
Visit our Africa job board to browse our latest jobs in Africa.