Reference No. MT2IC
Reference Number: MT2IC
Our client a dynamic and visionary group, seeks to appoint a proactive and seasoned Chartered Accountant to bolster the office of the Group CFO. Established almost three decades ago with the intention of establishing a Pan African investment bank on the African continent over the years, the Group has diversified its portfolio, venturing into retail financial services, housing, property development, and retail. The 2IC is expected to be a key and pivotal member of the Finance leadership team who will provide support to the Group CFO in implementing and monitoring strategies to raise the Finance function to a world class level. This role will take specific responsibility for ensuring that this is done with the full support of the finance teams in the Group. This role will involve building relationships with key stakeholders and key service providers including but not limited to the Group Partners, CEO’s, auditors, and bankers.
- Rapid assimilation of the business structure, cash flows, profitability, and internal controls upon joining.
- Forge robust relationships with finance heads, Partners, and key management stakeholders.
- Develop and implement Financial Data Analysis Models.
- Oversee Group Daily Cash Flow management and projections.
- Enhance ALCO requirements for business lines, refining existing models.
- Evaluate company balance sheet structures and recommend optimal gearing ratios.
- Stay updated on tax legislation changes and assess their impacts on the Group.
- Conduct detailed random reviews of company month-end files.
- Attend Capital Allocation and Audit Committee Meetings as required.
- Oversee annual budgeting and half-yearly forecasting processes.
- Ensure adherence to Group reporting deadlines during the audit process.
- Enhance workflow practices to augment finance services for operational countries.
- Improve the quality and timeliness of Group Reports.
- Engage in weekly communications with Finance teams to track strategic progress.
- Develop a macro understanding of the Group’s financial landscape and propose optimization plans.
- Chartered Accountant qualification is mandatory.
- Minimum of TEN (10) years’ post-qualification experience.
- Ideal for finance professionals aspiring to transition to a CFO role.
- Advantageous background in Property, Retail, Supermarkets, FMCG, or related industries.
- Strong accounting prowess with excellent analytical skills.
- Commercially astute mindset.
- Capability to engage with regulators in Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Proficiency in Financial Data Analysis Tools (BI, etc.) is advantageous.
- Understanding of cross-border funding and mechanisms.
- Prior exposure to Africa or emerging markets is beneficial.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, is mandatory.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- An annual cost to company remuneration package, which will be commensurate with the technical skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Matthew Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.