Reference No. SRBLR-AMHR-PM2
Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Human Resources (Performance Management & Analytics) – Cairo, Egypt
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-AMHR-PM1
As a member of the HR learning & Performance Team which is responsible for the management of the Bank’s performance management cycle the role of the position holder will be to contribute to the strategic and day to day coordination and implementation of strategic and business planning, performance planning and alignment, performance monitoring, performance analysis and performance reporting. The right person for this job will have proven experience in general HR management, with a specific focus on performance management, analysis, and reporting.
- Strategic & Performance Planning at Tier 2 Level: The role holder will work hand in hand with the Performance and Monitoring team in STIN to assist functions in preparing for sign off their Tier 2 scorecards at the start of each planning year in line with the laid-out guidelines to facilitate cascading of strategic objectives from Tier 2 to Tier 3 level. This would include supporting the STIN team in preparing for the Tier 2 challenge meeting.
- Strategic & Performance Planning at Tier 3 Level: Support the Head of LEPE to manage oversight for the process of Tier 3 scorecard planning and sign off at the start of each year, including timeliness and quality.
- Performance Planning for New Staff: Take charge of the process of assisting all new staff and contractors in preparing their strategic objectives, measures, and targets (tier 3 scorecards) in a timely manner and to the required level of quality. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for launching probation assessment forms for new staff and that they are of the right quality and signed off on time. And to follow up on their sign off at the end of the probation period in line with the relevant guidelines.
- Quarterly Performance Monitoring: Assist the Head of LEPE in managing the quarterly performance cycle (How is it Going Reviews) for timeliness and completeness and reporting to keep track of Tier 3 performance trends through the year plus making proposals on performance improvement interventions as may be required for given individuals.
- End of Year Performance Appraisals: Work with the Head of LEPE and staff in STIN to plan for and manage the end of year performance appraisal cycle for all Tier 3 scorecards to ensure timely and quality completion. This will include planning, managing, and reporting of the performance validation meetings for all Executive clusters.
- Performance Reporting: The role holder will be responsible to produce all performance reports (quarterly and annually) and the relevant data analytics that are required to make the reports useful for performance management and improvement. This is one of the most critical areas of this role. The role holder is required to be adept at mining for information, manipulating data and producing reports using modern tools and technology including AI enabled systems to produce reports for monitoring performance trends and assisting management to make informed decisions for career development and reward.
- Performance Management Education & Awareness: working with the Head of LEPE and the STIN team, the role holder will be responsible for continuous education and awareness to new and existing staff about the Bank’s strategy and performance management tools/systems and generally act as one of the Bank’s strategy and performance management champions.
- Talent Review Process: The role holder will work with other teams to plan, manage, and execute the annual talent review process to ensure timeliness and quality of output and to use the data generated to produce reports that facilitate career growth and development.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyse and propose changes to internal business processes at Tier 2 and Tier 3 level by leveraging industry knowledge, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key drivers, assessing process capabilities, and developing a business case for continuous internal business process enhancement.
- HR Systems: Support the HR Systems & automation process by continually identifying required enhancements to existing systems to ensure that all strategic planning and performance management processes are optimised and able to support reporting, analytics and data integrity whilst also delivering a positive employee experience. Also, to ensure the necessary administration and technology activities related to performance management are actioned on a timely basis;
- HR Policies & Procedures: Assist in the process of input in the development of, application and maintenance of the Bank’s HR Staff Handbook;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University and a relevant post graduate degree in Information Management Systems, Business Intelligence, Business Management Analytics, or another related field;
- A professional qualification in HR is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 years consulting/industry HR experience, with a focus on Strategic Planning and or Performance Management. Experience in the financial services or consulting industry is essential;
- Impeccable numeric, research, data analysis, and reporting skills. The candidate is expected to have advanced excel skills Extensive experience with SQL;
- Experience with business driven or self-service Business Intelligence tools, like Tableau, Birst, Qlik, Cognos, Business Objects, or other is required;
- Experience of using HR systems is essential with exposure to SuccessFactors or other performance management systems (PMS) being a great advantage.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality;
- Resilient individual who is effective in engaging with stakeholders and staff at all levels as well as working with external service providers such as consulting firms to achieve required outcomes;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- A self-starter with demonstrable organisation and planning skills, effective prioritization using a project management approach and a customer service focus; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 12th December 2022
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance