Reference No. FDSBLR015
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
Reference Number: FDSBLR015
- Supporting the collection, consolidation, timely update and monitoring of trade data covering the globe, major trading regions, global trade with Africa and intra-African trade to guide Bank policies and operations and inform business decisions throughout the continent.
- Supporting the development of up-to-date information on trade highlighting the dynamics, including trade flows, supply and demand in the various sectors across Africa to enable investors and entrepreneurs identify potential markets and guide their business decisions; and also guide governments to improve policy formulation and investment decisions on trade and economic development.
- Collecting and analyzing key economic and trade data for preparation and/or enhancement of research methodology for required studies in the areas of trade, trade finance and economic development issues important to the Bank and Africa.
- Supporting the team in its efforts to provide market intelligence services including, trade opportunities, market access requirements and restrictions, price information, trade and commercial policies, trading environment and market participants market access.
- Consolidating and monitoring of key economic and trade data covering the globe, major trading regions, global trade with Africa and intra-African trade to guide Bank policies and operations.
- Maintaining and updating quantitative and qualitative trade, economic, or financial databases relevant for Bank operations.
- Contributing to the collection and analysis of trade and economic data to inform Bank operations.
- Supporting research on growth and trade forecasts, through increased access to reliable and availability of econometric analysis.
- Supporting ongoing efforts to build time series data on trade and trade finance in Africa.
- Supporting relevant Departments of the Bank to carry out their operations.
- Contributing to the preparation of reports, including the African Trade Report, Africa in Figures, as well as other key periodic reports of the Bank.
- Gathering data and other relevant materials for preparation of presentations.
- Contributing through gathering of relevant materials, to the preparation of regular research reports to monitor developments in global trade and trade finance as well as the Bank’s key markets and products.
- Supporting the conduct of cutting-edge research in economics and finance, ranging from theoretical methodological issues to applied economics touching on trade development and financial issues covering sectors such as agriculture, manufacturing and services.
- Preparing first daft of literature review to support the conduct of research and other relevant studies.
- Providing regular support to Research and Statistics units as well as other units in the Department as necessary.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant first degree plus a post graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, or other related fields from a recognized University.
- Experience of at least 2 to 3 years post-graduation in Statistics or economic analysis.
- Experience in trade and development economics will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in collection, monitoring and management of large economic and trade data and preparing presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in using software to conduct market research.
- Excellent knowledge of market intelligence and balance of payment analysis.
- Ability to analyze and draw inference from the analyses of financial and economic data.
- Good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Good knowledge of relevant statistical and econometric software for analyzing large volumes of data (e.g. SPSS, STATA, Eviews, Mathlab, SAS, MICROFIT, PcGive, etc.).
- Familiarity with major trade database including those of ITC, WTO, UNCTAD, and DOT; and other database such as WDI and IFS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- 2-Year Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
Closing Date: 30th March 2022
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance