Reference No. SFBLR35
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR35
- The role of the position holder will be to provide overall support to the Office of the Executive Vice President in the management of the cluster’s strategic planning activities, the monitoring of these activities on an ongoing basis, and the preparation of various reports and speeches for the EVP as well as the overall coordination and administration of the activities and staff under the Office of the EVP and who could also act as a communication assistant for GTBA cluster.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the Department’s Work Planning process including assisting the EVP in framing the overall plan, objectives and tasks, reviewing the plan when delivered and making suggestions as well as reviewing annual business plans and budgets.
- Through deliberate monitoring and review, assist the EVP to ensure consistent and coordinated execution of management committee and other standing committees’ initiatives by staying informed of their ongoing activities and pointing out to the EVP, areas that may require more emphasis for improved operational performance, and to ensure compliance, consistency, quality and timeliness; pointing out concerns, if any and sharing ideas for improvement; including preparations & tracking of regular reports.
- Responsible for supporting EVP in understanding and adhering to the Bank’s policies, procedures, and all governance related activities.
- Preparation of summary comments on important publications, including professional publications and those available from leading organizations for the benefit of the EVP.
- On the instructions of the EVP, maintaining the ability to represent the Office of the EVP in various international fora by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all the Bank’s products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives.
- Taking personal initiative to develop professional and positive relationships and strengthen strategic networks of key contacts internationally, such as key persons in other multilaterals, financial institutions, governments and academia, for purposes of enhancing required cooperation with other institutions.
- Supporting the relationship management requirements of the EVP (GTBA)’s Public and Private sector clients, partners, and governmental functionaries.
- Assisting the EVP in communicating the Bank’s competitive advantage to clients and the public at large through writing compelling speeches and formal presentations and presenting them, when instructed, in ways that demonstrate the core corporate values and culture of the Bank, including programmes and thought leadership through digital and social media.
- Proactive identification of issues that could impact the successful execution of the EVP’s commitments. This responsibility involves elevating those issues about which the EVP should be aware of and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problems/mitigate the risk. This aspect of the job requires the job holder to focus on the underlying interests of the parties working with the EVP, understand their intentions, and creatively identify alternative means of handling pressing issues without compromising their importance or relationships.
- The job holder will oversee the work of the Personal Assistant and other Staff of the EVP’s office with a view to ensuring that the EVP’s meeting schedule and travel schedule are orderly and properly managed and planned well in advance. This includes ensuring that agenda for meetings are confirmed and available beforehand and that a brief about the meeting is at hand for the EVP before the meeting. The job holder will attend all meetings and take minutes as appropriate while also ensuring that the time allocated to the meeting is managed properly in order to avoid over runs.
- Attend Committee meetings as may be delegated and follow up on important issues pending with various departments.
- Prepare EVP’s meetings and where necessary prepare all meeting Agendas.
- Act as important liaison between the EVP and departments supervised by the EVP to ensure targets are on track.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Banking, Finance, communication, marketing or other related field from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking backed up by appropriate Banking experience in lieu.
- A minimum of 8 years of sound experience in research and analysis in a reputable organisation.
- Excellent credit knowledge is required.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to a technical and professional audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Arabic. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French and Portuguese).
- Knowledge of broad analytical techniques, such as econometrics, mathematical/operations research tools. In particular, ability to analyze, and draw reasonable inferences from the analyses of financial and economic information and a broad range of economic indicators.
- Knowledge of computer software necessary for analysing large volumes of statistical data.
- Knowledge of banking products and its workings.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager | Africa & Global
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.