Afreximbank: Consultant, Client Relations (Francophone West Africa) – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Reference No. SRBLR-CONCLR-FWAF-001
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-CONCLR-FWAF-001
Nature and Scope:
The position holder will also be required to identify the Bank’s key/core customers in each region by sector and draw up Account Management Plans for the purpose of maximizing cross selling of the Bank’s products and services.
The main focus of this position is to proactively engage the Bank’s clients in the Region on an individualized basis to deepen relationships and deliver the Bank’s full product offering.
The role is responsible for building deep relationships with the Bank’s corporate customers and government officials in the region and providing them with the excellent service they have come to expect.
Your key aim will be to manage an extensive portfolio of customers, acting as a trusted advisor to each of them. You will also be expected to add to your portfolio, by targeting prospective customers and building strong relationships with them.
Other responsibilities include managing risk within your portfolio.
- Implements client coverage for a given portfolio of clients with deliberate cultivation based on proactive individualized plans. These plans would be developed in coordination with the product teams and should be designed to increase client engagement;
- Implements regional service coverage for provision of an impeccable client service to each client or government organization. This includes timely turn around in terms of responses to client inquiries;
- Works with other deal team members across the Bank’s products and geographies to ensure timely transaction processing;
- Generate bankable leads through anticipating customer needs and finding out what information, products or services the customer requires to meet his/her needs, providing clear, accurate and relevant information;
- Ensuring a strong working knowledge of client portfolios / products with the Bank;
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority;
- Producing call reports and file notes after any client meetings, summarizing any additional actions required, including follow-up calls and reviewing call reports produced by team members;
- Sales activity planning, including reviewing existing customer files to identify sales opportunities;
- Undertaking commercial negotiations;
- Managing new business pitches;
- Compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organisational policies and professional codes;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual Regional Strategic and Marketing Plans derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Preparing new business Pre-Assessment Memos and Credit Proposals from the region, Product teams and Head Office and making recommendations on the same to the Regional Chief Operating Officer and Director, Client Relations;
- Where required, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known;
- Maintaining and improving the Bank’s image across the continent; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in Business, Banking, Finance or other relevant field from a recognized University;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading financial services organization and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French & English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12-month Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.