Reference No. SRBLR-SMEXDE-FIN-001
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-SMEXDE-FIN-001
Nature and Scope:
The role of the position holder will be to oversee the development, origination, structuring and financing of export-related projects and to implement business plans with support from the Director, Export Development.
The role is supposed to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating” a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Intra –African Trade and Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a “first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by finding and developing opportunities for business development in export development finance across all member and participating states of the Bank. The Export Development function is mandated to: "support and develop, directly or indirectly, Africa's value-added export trade and the continent’s capacity to engage in that trade and to respond to continental and international business opportunities."
- To lead in originating strong pipeline of export related projects across a spectrum of sectors in different countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from Director, Export Development;
- To oversee the structuring of transactions/projects that support industrialization and export development, including developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
- To oversee the development and preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of financing of projects in respect of our export development programme;
- To play a lead role in translating business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of the Trade and Export markets by structuring and financing:
- Export manufacturing projects;
- Light manufacturing projects;
- Agro-processing projects;
- Industrial parks and Special Economic Zones (SEZs) projects; and
- Service export projects (Healthcare and Hospitality).
- To deepen and expand the marketing and coverage of the department’s flagish financing product/programmes such as the CONMED, CONTOUR, AFRICOIN and Non-equity modes as a means of facilitating industrialization and export development;
- To design programmes and initiatives for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s interventions and ensuring these programmes are well tailored to meet demands of African corporate entities and institutions;
- To coordinate activities of all personnel within Export Development Finance and ensuring transactions and given portfolios, are processed from origination, credit approval and financial close within optimal time;
- To coordinate support to the Credit Assessment department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the Legal department during transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, to liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- To build and maintain strong relationships with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, project finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and completed master’s degree in business administration, Economics, Banking, Finance or other related fields from a recognized University. A recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking may be accepted in lieu of a post graduate degree.
- Sound investment and industry experience of at least 10 years in project and/or infrastructure finance department in either of the following:
- a Tier 1 regional or international financial institution;
- a Tier 1 international investment bank; and
- a Development Finance Institution.
- Knowledge of different sizes and needs of African enterprises ranging from large national and multi-national corporates to small and medium sized businesses and of Africa’s diverse industry sectors;
- Ability to set priorities and support the corporate vision needed to fulfill the Industrialization and Export Development strategy of the Bank and attain its objectives; and
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members and have the capacity to be sensitive to the differing needs and agendas of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals;
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate at all levels; and
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12-month Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking & Finance
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.