Reference No. SFBLR20
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR20
- The role holder will be responsible for providing professional input to the Bank’s strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and analyze evolving strategic priorities, setting strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of chosen strategy.
- Engage in the development of the Bank’s long term strategic plan and annual business plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame.
- Engage in the development of strategy and product papers in line with the implementation with the corporate strategic plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame.
- Monitor and proactively analyse, on an ongoing basis, internal and external events that affect the Bank, so as to provide ideas and intellectual leadership for both short-term tactics and long-term positioning and vision.
- Provide professional input into the Bank wide annual business planning and budgeting process through distilling the Bank’s strategic goals into annual activity plans and advising senior management on the most efficient allocation of the tasks for respective departments and units.
- Assist to communicate the Bank’s long term and annual business plan as approved by the Board of Directors to all staff and put in place monitoring and reporting mechanisms for the benefit of Senior management and staff members.
- Analyse and propose required changes to internal business processes by leveraging industry knowledge, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key drivers, assessing process capabilities, and developing a business case for internal business process enhancement.
- Participate in the preparation of the Bank’s Annual, Half Year and End of Year reports.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a customer feedback loop to ensure that the Bank is able to capture customer comments and concerns about its business processes and services rendered such that concerns are adequately responded to in order to ensure a customer-centric focus to the Bank’s lending activities.
- Work together with the Risk Management department to define the Bank’s annual risk appetite.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategic plans, pointing out material negative deviations and recommending prompt corrective actions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related fields from a recognized University.
- Sound experience of at least 8 years as a Strategy and Business Planning professional, preferably in the consulting or financial services industry.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting strategic business plans for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of financial analysis, modelling, statistical analysis, and related software.
- Experience in offering strategic insight into industry, consumer, and competitor trends.
- Clear understanding of trade development issues as they pertain to Africa and demonstrated skills in economic forecasting.
- Experience in presenting and selling ideas to Senior Management with strong presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of business planning practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of international agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates, and governments.
- Strong research skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.