Reference No. LEECFA13
Reference Number: LEECFA13
Our client is a in the Development Finance space is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Funding to support the Head of Funding in the prudent and professional management of the company’s balance sheet by managing the process of generating debt and equity capital to fund asset growth and capital requirements on the balance sheet. Working closely with the Head of Funding, the incumbent shall support funding initiatives in the global debt and equity capital markets including U.S dollar benchmark bonds, themed bonds that support a specific program such as green bonds. This is a front office role with funding responsibilities
With the Head of Funding:
- Ensure that fund raising transactions are executed seamlessly, managing transactions from inception to closure.
- Ensure that all Board-related approvals and reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Forecast cash flow gaps and capital requirements to ensure adequate funds are available for seamless execution of investment activities.
- Liaise with the Financial Control and Risk Management teams to monitor trends in the Corporation’s capital adequacy position in order to ensure that proactive steps are taken before any breaches of internal prudential trigger levels.
- Coordinate all RFP processes for selection of MLAs and Bookrunners for funding transactions
- Engage in discussions and negotiations with bankers acting in MLA roles for funding transactions, ensuring that the transactions are delivered with top-notch professionalism and lowest possible fees.
- Work closely with internal and external counsels and Head of Funding to actively manage the loan and bond documentation process and ensure that the company’s interests are best protected
- Ensure that the balance sheet’s maturity profile is properly structured to enable the Corporation to meet all its obligations as they fall due and to ensure that the Corporation is in full compliance with all Board-approved internal prudential ratios. This includes matching the tenors of assets and liabilities as far as practicable
- Work with the ALM desk to design balance sheet management strategies (with focus on the liability side) that will optimize the net income margin based on the trends and expectations of interest rates, currencies and other market factors.
- Work closely with the ALM desk to ensure efficient management of the balance sheet to take advantage of emerging opportunities within a risk controlled environment.
- Support the ALM desk in the management of liquidity to meet all likely contingencies, within established risk limits, as required.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet financing needs, while also supporting its financial objectives, including minimizing funding costs.
- Actively seek funding from the market, interbank takings and term loans within the pricing benchmarks.
- Work on opening new sources of funding for the Corporation especially with Regional Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds and domestic bond markets in Africa. This includes developing investment products that will meet the investment criteria of these investors
- Manage Eurobond issuance process working closely with the Head of Funding
- Manage FC’s dealings in the international loan (bi-lateral, club and syndicated) and debt capital markets Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports, as required
- Contribute to the development of the monthly ALCO packs and work closely with the ALCO Secretariat to ensure that all the ALCO packs meet the agenda requirements of the ALCO Chairman.
- Represent the Head of Funding at ALCO meetings, as required
- Act on behalf of and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Funding
Risk management & compliance responsibilities:
- Conduct KYC on institutions that may be funding the company to ensure that they meet on-boarding and compliance requirements
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all applicable laws and capital market requirements
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all loan and bond covenants as well as all reporting requirements to lenders
- Work with Risk Management to ensure that all lenders are appropriately on-boarded and set up on systems
- Track all cash flows payable to lenders and ensure that the payments are made as at when due with no defaults
- Support the Head of Funding in the negotiation of loan agreements ensuring that the company’s interests are well protected
- Monitor compliance with all loan covenants and periodic reporting of compliance with loan and bond covenants, and other risk metrics to the Treasurer
- Forecast cash flows and capital requirements to ensure compliance with liquidity gaps, interest rate gap and prudential financial ratio requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A first degree and a MBA or a master’s degree in a finance-related discipline, with a relevant professional certification (CFA, ACA, FRM, ACI, etc.) being an added advantage
- 8 – 12 years work experience in an international financial institution or within the corporate treasury of a multinational business
- Good understanding of debt (loan and bonds) and equity capital markets with emphasis on the dynamics and workings of African and global financial markets (especially the loan and debt capital markets)
- Strong understanding of funding gaps and capital requirements in order to proactively design measures to close these gaps in a timely manner to ensure that the Corporation remains liquid and well-capitalized at all times.
- Sound knowledge of the workings of the international loan (bi-lateral, syndicated, DFI) and bond markets.
- A broad understanding of liquidity and market risk management techniques as well as the use of derivatives for structuring interest rate hedging solutions for liabilities.
- Good understanding of the use of derivatives to manage the Corporation’s interest rate and currency risk exposures especially in relation to liability management
- Strong understanding of global banking systems and capital market operations in African countries
- Strong understanding of short-term and long-term cash forecast models as well as static and dynamic liquidity and interest rate GAP analysis
- Strong understanding of international treasury management and relationship management and loan syndication and debt capital market experience
- Experience in deal structuring, deal management, loan negotiation etc.
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Lise Kotze at Lkotze@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities. CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only.
Banking, Finance & Information Technology