Reference No. CDTBLACORM
Our development banking client is currently recruiting an Associate Credit and Operational Risk Management. The incumbent will ensure that the organizations Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework (EWRMF) is effectively embedded in each of the key risk areas of credit, market, operational risk and asset and liability management, with a special focus on credit risk analysis, obligor performance, credit risk processes, monitoring and MIS support. They will perform the operational risk function, ensuring adherence to approved operational risk management processes, procedures and reporting, and the use of risk and control self-assessment and key risk indicator measurements.
- In line with the company’s EWRMF, implement a credit risk management policy that supports the company’s specific business objectives, and which covers credit risk analysis, credit risk assessment processes, monitoring, obligor rating and MIS/ reporting requirements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual risk assessment reports to the Board Risk & Investment Committee (BRIC) concerning performance of obligors and equity investments and to provide early warning of a material deterioration in the risk profile of the loan or investment.
- Ensure that all conditions precedent to drawdown (debt) or disbursement (equity) have been adhered to, in collaboration with Legal & Corporate Secretariat.
- Ensure that transaction covenants are adhered to, interest rates are effectively applied, fees are collected, and client obligations are honoured in a timely manner.
- Maintain client files on data base including copies of approvals, legal documentation, security, facility agreements, shareholders’ agreements, etc.
- Ensure that credit risk management policy, processes and procedures are adhered to and flag breaches.
- Prepare annual review of Credit Risk Management Policy, for consideration by Executive Management (EXCO) and BRIC.
- Ensure that credit risk management reports are produced in a timely fashion and assist in the preparation of board committee reports. Work with Market Risk Manager concerning transaction risk dashboard, portfolio risk dashboard and daily risk reports.
- Prepare annual review of Operational Risk Management Policy for consideration by EXCO and BRIC.
- Enhance the credit risk management function in specific areas including the internal use of project and transaction risk rating models, RAROC measurement, portfolio management and portfolio management reporting and the recovery of impaired or non-performing assets.
- Perform operational risk function particularly as regards ensuring adherence to approved operational risk management processes, procedures and reporting, and the use of risk and control self-assessment and key risk indicator measurements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Risk Officer.
- Process compliance monitoring
- Interface management with key players in the corporation
- Source of credit risk expertise
- Contributions to Board meetings and Reports to CRO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- In depth knowledge of key elements of enterprise-wide risk management framework, particularly in respect of credit risk analysis but also operational risk management, processes and procedures and risk management best practice.
- Familiarity with project finance, corporate lending, lending to financial institutions and private equity funds.
- Understanding of due diligence requirements in transactions including technical, legal and financial
- Financial modelling include cashflow modelling, financial analysis, and determine debt bearing capacity.
- Portfolio management skills, with emphasis on asset portfolio management and treasury portfolio management.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of working in emerging markets, particularly the African continent, and to work effectively in, a multi-cultural business environment.
- Ability to assign credit rating for transactions and annual validation of rating models.
- Computer literate with respect to Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), functional competency in at least 1 programming language, and database query.
- Experience in using big data to automate and standardise the credit risk scoring and investment approval process.
- Experience in system implementation of risk management systems, with demonstrable ability to communicate system requirements and design inputs.
- Ability to contribute to credit risk metrics of ICAAP and IFRS9 reporting.
- Maintaining Credit Valuation Adjustment models for derivative hedges.
- Experience in pricing portfolio insurance and non-payment single name insurance.
- Teamwork and Relationships: Works with others to maximise the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to the creation of a positive team environment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Minimisation of losses caused through the company’s exposure to credit risk through effective credit risk management and use of risk mitigates.
- Minimisation of losses caused through impairment of equity investment through effective portfolio management and use of risk mitigates.
- The company’s management of credit risk adheres to international best practice, as defined by rating agencies, and ensures that the company obtains and maintains desired credit rating.
- Maintain integrity of the risk management function.
- A good honours degree (BA/BSc).
- In addition, an MBA or MA/MSc or equivalent post-graduate degree is critical.
- At least 3 – 5 years working experience in financial institutions (Underwriting non-payment insurance, investment bank, commercial bank or development bank).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 8th of February 2024
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.