Reference No. LBGLK011
Reference Number: LBGLK011
An exciting global Banking client of ours is looking to hire a Chief Risk Officer. The CRO is accountable for the management of key risks including Credit, Market and Operational Risk. The job holder will be responsible for leading the risk culture of the organisation, supporting growth and balancing the risk/reward equation. This is an Executive Leadership role tasked with leading and directing the Risk function and reports directly to the Chief Executive with a dotted line to the Board Risk Management Committee. The CRO will provide strategic vision to assist the business in embedding enterprise risk management practices, leverage its benefits to enhance business performance and balance risk and reward. The job holder will also be responsible to foster and grow a risk management culture and to support business line executives in ensuring that their specific risks are effectively managed as close to the source as possible.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Bank through the development and implementation of risk management strategies, policies and procedures in support of the Bank’s business goals.
- Effectively lead and manage the Bank’s team of dedicated risk professionals.
- Report on Bank’s Risk Profile to Management and Board Risk Committees.
- Proactive environment scanning for possible risk events ahead and building risk mitigations to pre-empt and reduce impact of the identified risk events.
- Actively engage in the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence.
- Chair the Executive Management’s Risk Committee.
- Leverage the Bank’s recovery team capabilities to minimise losses to the Bank.
- Promote the use of excellent data and analytics to improve decision making across the Bank.
- Protect and ensure the integrity of the Bank’s computer systems and networks.
- Oversee and implement sustainability strategies for the Bank.
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training and coaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, Business or related field.
- Master’s Degree, Financial Risk Management or other advanced certification preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years progressive experience in the Risk Management field with more than five years at supervisory and management level in a mid- or large size commercial bank.
- Awareness and working knowledge of BASEL compliance requirements and risk management practices for corporate, market risk, operational risk, and retail banking.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of risk management activities, both operations and analysis.
- Risk control mindset – mastery of risk disciplines at a bank-wide and integrated level, risk processes, tools and techniques, capital management and risk-related regulations. Strong background in managing credit risk in emerging or developing markets including technical structures such as syndications and trade.
- Fully functional in monitoring of documentation, portfolios & exposure limits of banks.
- An understanding of digital and corporate technology systems, networks, IT infrastructure and cyber threats. – Independent thought leadership to strategic decisions and debate.
- Strong sense of collaboration and ability to develop positive relationships with key business stakeholders and demonstrate respectful, constructive negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to a diverse audience including Senior Management and the Board.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpreting skills.
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving.
- High ethical standards and integrity in both personal and professional dealings.
- Strong people skills to manage a large team and build excellent relations with other key stakeholders in the Bank.
- Clear decision maker who maintains a balanced and fair view.
- Ability to coach and mentor others to build an effective Risk Culture.
- Extensive knowledge of Economic / Operating environment to understand global market conditions.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Leroy Gona at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.