Reference No. CMDS
Contract Manager (Logistics / Supply Chain / Contract management) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: CMDS
An opportunity with a large logistics company has arisen for a high caliber Contract Manager to manage logistical requirements for our client in the Gauteng region.
- New business development
- Effective management of operational processes and contracts/service
- Develop and maintain procedures which relate to day-to-day operational requirements
- Ensure proper routing of deliveries and scheduling of vehicles to achieve delivery targets as per customer requirements.
- Monitor fleet constantly to ensure effective utilization and compliance with customer requirements
- Optimal usage of fuel
- No unnecessary route deviation
- Ensure adherence to procedures pertaining to customer requirements relating to operations, commercial and sales requirements
- Loading and offloading procedures (as per client requirements) Measure performance on KPI monthly and share with customer in monthly KPI meetings
- Safety and security standards -Ensure compliance and measure performance to customer specific requirements on this KPI and share with customers in monthly KPI meetings
- Optimal allocation of vehicles and staff – Ensure key accounts are adequately services with required capacity
- Identify, implement and maintain site/ depot specific requirements as per legislation, policy and customer requirements
- Effective customer relationship management
- Undertake effective client relationship management regularly and structured daily, weekly and monthly interaction with key accounts
- Including client entertainment when necessary
- Audit the quality of service provided through personal interaction with the customer on an ongoing basis and timeous corrective action is taken when required
- Report weekly on kilometers • Daily kilometers travelled per contract
- Rectify problematic operational issues arising
- Manage housekeeping, safety and quality by ensuring that all housekeeping audits are conducted regularly, and that corrective action is taken if required. This includes condition of the vehicle, appearance of drivers, appearance of offices, manage accidents and insurance, effective Performance management, correct performance when required and discuss problem areas and discuss possible actions that can be undertaken
- 5 years minimum experience in a Logistics and Supply Chain management environment
- 2 – 3 years as a contract Manager
- A tertiary qualification or an equivalent qualification
- Tanker experience is essential
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.