Reference No. SR-CM-ANG-001
Our retail client is currently looking to employ a Country Manager to be based in Luanda, Angola. The incumbent will be reporting to the Operations Executive based in South Africa. The candidate will be responsible for managing the total retail operations in Angola to create sustainable growth for the business by increasing sales and profitability and ensuring alignment with and execution of the company strategy and centralized business model.
- Manage and adhere to all statutory requirements and country legislation related to a retail business in Angola
- Liaise with Governmental and Legal entities
- General Management: Manage the total business with the retail outlets and distribution center
- People Management: Manage a team of functional leaders and liaise with the Executive team in South Africa to ensure that all functional areas in the business perform efficiently
- Sales: Ensure that the company meets sales targets, with the support from functional and operational teams
- Cost Management: Manage the total cost of doing business
- Risk Management: Minimize risk by managing the prevention of stock losses / shrinkages in the stores as well as financial risks for the business
- Profitability: Improve the total profitability of the company in Angola
- Culture: Live the company values and build strong relationships with all stakeholders to strengthen the company culture across borders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 5 years’ retail experience at a middle / senior management level, ideally within a retail environment in Africa
- Ability to translate company strategy into a practical and simplistic way to ensure proper execution at store level
- Computer literacy: Advanced level of Office Software/G Suite and business systems
- Strong commercial / business sense with sound financial knowledge
- Strong change management skills and leadership capabilities to function successfully in a diverse and challenging environment
- Willingness to travel extensively within and outside Angola
- Competencies required: General management; Leadership; Communication; Interpersonal; Analytical; Problem solving; Decision making; Growth mind-set with a “can do” attitude; Performance driven; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; Commercial sense.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.