Reference No. LEEFDS15
A global FinTech client of ours is seeking to hire a Customer Tax Reporting Manager to join their tax team and establish a tax information reporting function for the group. In this role, you will ensure overall compliance with tax information reporting and withholding, remediation and change management initiatives related to the preparation and filing of tax reporting requirements across the various jurisdictions that they operate in, including Africa, South East Asia, Europe and the United States.
- Establish the tax direction, goals and priorities for the group tax information reporting function.
- Assist in building tax form/certification collection processes with Onboarding and Engineering teams, with a focus on automation and scalability.
- Oversee data preparation, review, processing and distribution of information forms/returns related to our cryptocurrency services in all countries where products are offered.
- Be a subject matter expert in the production and review of customer tax reporting and withholding forms/returns, other transaction reports and local filings for cryptocurrency reporting.
- Ensure compliance with tax information reporting and withholding requirements and electronic filings, corrections, etc.
- Maintain highly effective partnerships with impacted business areas and related processes that impact compliance related to cryptocurrency customer reporting.
- Develop and oversee quality assurance measures to ensure accuracy of data submitted to customers and revenue authorities.
- Support initiatives related to system development and remediation activities to ensure regulatory compliance, process improvements and risk mitigation.
- Effectively assess external customer and internally directed complaints and inquiries for potential compliance impacts and work with the appropriate Compliance contacts, customer response teams, and/or line of business associates to identify regulatory issues and help businesses resolve customer concerns.
- Participate in tax compliance project identification and scoping, work on collaborative projects with internal and external partners.
- Assist in managing tax invoicing project and implementation thereof, enabling efficient tracking and communication of deliverables by country and existing issues, risks, and exposure. Assist in establishing and managing post-implementation processes and controls.
- Assist in the management and implementation of FATCA and CRS reporting compliance.
- As we are still scaling, you will also assist the rest of the Tax Team on any other tax related matters, where required. You will further be helping to develop the Tax Team, build our tax capabilities and eventually manage others.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An advanced degree or professional qualification in tax (e.g. Chartered or Certified Public Accountant, Masters in Tax).
- Minimum of 5 years tax experience in a multinational company.
- Experience with FATCA and CRS reporting.
- An understanding of tax operations, payment processing, and customer onboarding.
- Experience with managing large projects with multiple partners.
- Experience with the tax information reporting and withholding process from onboarding to year-end reporting.
- Experience with reviewing tax forms, creating tax form review programs and operationalising those programs at scale.
- Exceptional time-management and project-management skills.
- Analytical and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate well with various levels of management.
- Hybrid working model
- Free training courses
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance