Reference No. CEBLR02
Reference Number: CEBLR02
**Candidates of all African nationalities with a fluency in French and English are encouraged to apply**
My client is an international Financial Services holding company seeking an experienced Director of Credit to join their Banking Group in Burkina Faso. The successful individual will be responsible for defining, implementing, and supervising all credit related functions, in compliance with the group's regulatory, ethical and credit policy provisions for the Group.
- Define and implement in the group standards for the preparation of credit files by bundle of counterparties (individuals, SMEs, large companies, institutions, associations, banks, public sector, States, …) integrating the consumption of own funds according to the monetary areas of presence;
- Define, with the legal department, the types of guarantees acceptable in descending order of quality by nature and by virtue of the monetary areas of presence of the subsidiaries;
- Follow for each competition granted its effective implementation;
- Define a policy for granting assistance in accordance with regulatory standards, the degree of autonomy granted by the holding company to each subsidiary, the economic conditions of the host countries and the necessary responsiveness to customer requests;
- Analyze the applications for the granting of credit sent by the subsidiaries, possibly request an in-depth study on one or more specific points and make recommendations to the second-level committee of the holding company;
- Transmit to the subsidiaries the decisions of the second-level committee and ensure their diligent implementation
- Examine on behalf of the Board of Directors and in compliance with regulatory and ethical provisions credit applications for exposures classified as large risks, exposures outside the usual framework of activities, exposures qualified as related parties or Politically Exposed Persons and give a notice of no objection as to their acceptance and the conditions applied;
- A Bachelor’s Degree, along with a completed relevant Master’s Degree.
- Relevant professional certifications in credit advantageous.
- 12+ years relevant experience within the credit space.
- Experience with either a well-established Banking or Financial Services organization.
- Experience overseeing credit at a group level.
- Regional oversight experience across Africa / African markets.
- Willingness to relocate to Burkina Faso.
- Fluency in both English and French.
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at email@example.com
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.