Reference No. CDTSRDHFR
The main purpose of this position is to provide strategic direction to the Financial Reporting and ERP Business Systems Division within the Financial Services Department of the company and to elevate the commercial decision-making of the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Oversee the preparation and submission of tax returns in accordance with relevant legislation and assume the Public Officer role with the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
- Manage the overall ownership of valuations on investments as well as impairments in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Oversee the annual reporting process of the Group and review the consolidated annual financial statements of the company.
- Lead the company’s financial reporting strategy.
- Oversee the management information system, namely the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Oracle), to ensure optimal utilisation and global benchmarking to support analysis and decision-making.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including the consolidation of the Group’s financial statements as well as the management of the audit processes (internal and external).
- Ensure that governance, risk and compliance processes related to financial systems are in place for the company.
- Manage strategic relations with significant stakeholders, both within and external to the organisation.
- Participate as a member of various internal committees of the company.
- Create a performance culture in the Financial Reporting and ERP Business Systems Division and define performance expectations, including specific measurable metrics.
- Monitor and evaluate the achievement of divisional goals against the operational plan, and communicate the division’s performance and achievements to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Take accountability for talent management in the division by identifying appropriate talent in key positions, as well as for on-boarding, succession management and the retention of key talent.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a CA (SA) qualification; and
- the minimum of 12 years of experience in a financial services or supply chain management environment, with at least 10 years in a management position.
The following would be an added advantage:
- a Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification;
- a Master of Finance qualification; or
- a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- industry, organisational and business awareness, knowledge and skill;
- quality assurance knowledge and skill;
- continuous improvement knowledge and skill;
- continued learning and/or professional development knowledge and skill;
- financial and strategic planning, including budget management;
- technical and regulatory accounting;
- IFRS and financial reporting/statements;
- governance and risk management;
- tax planning and compliance;
- ERP financial systems, information and communication technology (ICT) and e-commerce;
- relevant legislation;
- leading change and empowerment;
- establishing focus;
- driving results;
- promoting and growing others;
- effective communication;
- building and maintaining relationships (internal and external);
- planning and organising;
- analysing and problem-solving skills;
- judgement and decision-making skills;
- strategic thinking;
- conceptual thinking; and
- managing complexity and ambiguity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.