Reference No. FDDS
Financial Director (CASA / Planning / Commercial) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference Number: FDDS
Our client in the commercial space is seeking to employ a Financial Director to lead the Finance Function of the Sub Saharan Africa division. A detail-oriented, hands-on leader with outstanding leadership and coaching skills is required for this role.
- Management of Finance Team
- Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard. This consists of 6 direct reports and a total of 19 Finance colleagues and 40 Accounts Receivable colleagues.
- Monthly Reporting & Business Performance
- Oversee and ensure Group monthly reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Monitor business performance and provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company’s financial commitments are met.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Presents financial reports to executives, board members, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Cash & Treasury Management
- Support the Accounts receivable function across the SSA region to ensure optimal and consistent performance to deliver the cash collections and DSO targets (country & branch)
- Oversee all treasury activities and compliance with Group Treasury policy including the opening of new bank accounts across SSA , supplier payments, obtaining bank guarantees and ensuring that internal controls are being adhered to
- Managing all Reserve bank approvals across SSA pertaining to intercompany payments, dividend payments and loan funding arrangements where required
- Operate the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes and deliver high quality management information to ensure a clear understanding of the profitability and business performance. In particular ensure that the AOP process is well communicated and defined. Provide detailed analysis on Budget inputs and outputs.
- BEE Certification
- Act as subject matter expert ensuring effective engagement with the B-BBEE verification agency to ensure that the BEE audit is managed seamlessly
- Develop BEE strategy in Finance related areas of the B-BBEE Scorecard (Ownership, Enterprise & Supplier development and Socio Economic development). It would be advantageous for one to understand the B-BBEE Management Control and Skills Development elements.
- Audit & Control
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively.
- Preparation and review of external reporting material and ensure all statutory regulations complied with.
- Manage the annual audit process with external auditors and ensure no material control weaknesses
- Manage any internal audits, instructed by the Group and ensure action plans are put in place and followed through for any issues that arise.
- Company Secretarial
- Manage the Company secretarial function for the legal entities operating in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique and Malawi ensuring that the Company’s Act legislation is adhered to
- Drafting of board minutes and resolutions as required
- Member of the Social & Ethics Committee and acting as custodian of this function
- Manage the overall tax compliance across South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique and Malawi relating Corporate Tax, PAYE, VAT and WHT.
- Supporting the Procurement Manager to identify and deliver cost saving initiatives
- Provide support and guidance regarding procurement of vehicle fleet and the Fleet management function with the assistance from outsourced Fleet Administrator
- Provide support on centralised stock procurement, including approval of orders and ensuring that due consideration is given to cash flow
- Support the Procurement Manager with regards to property lease negotiations, lease agreements reviews and approvals (including Investment Committee approvals)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Act as Finance subject matter expert on the M&A project team ensuring the successful integration of any newly acquired legal entities with a focus on system integration, financial controls setup, legal compliance and property integration
- Acting as the legal custodian to support the business on all legal related matters, including customer contract reviews and legal reporting responsibility to the UK
- Acting as a Company representative on the RISA Pension Fund Management Committee
- Meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum CA (SA) qualification
- Minimum of 10 + years’ experience
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Dylan Smuts at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking and Finance
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.