Reference No. CDFFIT1
Reference Number: JTCPTG
A global Cape Town based macro investment firm is currently looking for a junior fixed income trader to join their dynamic fast growing team.
- General fixed income dealing, including bonds (ZAR government), credit (local ZAR and hard currency), interest rate swaps & FRAs, bond options and other associated derivatives.
- Also competent in money market and FX dealing (spot, forwards, swaps and derivatives).
- Actively contribute to the fixed income investment process and assist in on-going strength/improvement
- Monitoring market activity and advise on timing of execution with regard to short term dynamics and liquidity (relay market intelligence internally to team and clients).
- Monitoring of counterparty exposures and other dealing desk tasks.
- Maintain good counterparty relationships.
- Interaction with Banking Dealing Desks.
- Participation in Morning Meeting.
- Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics which forms part of employment contract, and which includes the following key policies:
- Management of Conflicts of Interest, Treating Clients Fairly, Confidentiality of Client and Business Information, Handling of Inside Information, Personal Account Dealing, Disclosure of Outside Interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
- Being alert to possible and actual breaches of procedures and regulators rules and reporting them to the line manager and Compliance, and where applicable to Operational Risk.
- Being alert to possible and actual complaints from investors / clients and reporting them to line manager and Compliance timeously via
- Maintaining client confidentiality, and ensuring that client data is protected, encrypted, transported securely and is stored away each evening and if sensitive information, that it is locked away.
- Maintaining Chinese walls with other parts of the AG Group.
- Ensuring keeping up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to job responsibilities, to avoid operational losses / Operational Risk events from crystallizing.
- Ensuring that procedures are kept up-to-date and any gaps or concerns are notified to the line manager, as well as Compliance and Operational Risk.
- Ensuring that all changes in business practice are taken through the appropriate business forums and notified to Compliance and Operational and Investment Risk before they commence (for example new products, new business areas, new client type, new investment types or markets, etc.) To ensure any necessary due diligence can be performed in advance.
- Ensuring that any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering or fraud or other crime are reported to Compliance.
- Reporting fraudulent activity timeously to Operational Risk or Compliance
- Ensuring appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels are maintained.
- A duty to pursue a fiduciary duty of best execution at all times and to all clients.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant bachelors degree (Quant, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Finance, Investments etc.).
- Two years experience trading in international markets (in a professional or personal capacity).
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.