Reference No. SR-DCR-002
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Group Director ESG Climate Risk reporting to the Group Chief Risk Officer. The ESG & Climate Risks Function develops and implements climate-risk related tools, stress testing scenarios and reporting frameworks. The function follows the latest developments in the areas of climate-related and environmental risks and participates in projects and/or working groups both internally and externally to share best practices.
The Group Director ESG & Climate Risk is responsible for integrating assessment, quantification, development and integration of climate and environmental risks into the Group’s risk frameworks and policies, to ensure the implementation of the Group Climate Bank Roadmap within the Directorate.
The ESG & Climate Risk team strives to bring value to the Group through managing environmental and social and climate risks relevant to the Group’s business, supporting the Group’s business strategy, and delivering on stakeholder expectations. As a senior team member, the role-holder will advise senior management at Group level and in the subsidiaries in addition to providing guidance and supporting team members and other business partners
- Protect the Group’s reputation by identifying and evaluating environmental and social risks associated with client relationships and business transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Be responsible for implementation of the Group’s policies and external commitments
- Build capacity for ESG & Climate risk management within front office, control functions and the ESG & Climate Risk team.
- Provide ESG & Climate risk management advisory on green and sustainable-labeled transactions, and support the development of appropriate internal guidance
- Integrate regulatory/supervisory guidelines and best banking practice in the ESG & Climate Risk domain to define, develop and maintain the ESG & Climate risk framework, appetite, policies, and functional strategy and oversee effective implementation across the Group
- Ensure that policies and processes meet the evolving expectations of key stakeholders including regulators
- Ensure the development of ESG & Climate risk management tools and models
- Support the Group’s climate risk commitments by further developing and implementing initiatives to manage climate risks associated with client relationships and transactions and provide guidance to front office on how to engage clients on the low carbon transition
- Identify and monitor emerging ESG & Climate related issues and relevant industry standards from a regional and global perspective, and raise internal awareness of key issues and trends
- Oversee the quality, accuracy, and relevance of reports to the Board and regulators and ensure timely action on any requests
- Ensure significant risks and issues are escalated to the Group Chief Risk Officer, the senior management and the Board or board-level committees
- Maintain professional relationships with non-governmental organizations (NGOs), business associations and industry working groups covering environmental and social topics in the Africa region, sharing insight with colleagues.
- Support media and investor relations and other internal functions with sustainability risk expertise
- Assist with the company’s disclosures through the annual Sustainability Report and other publications
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least fifteen (15) years’ experience in Treasury function out of which 8 years should be at Head or senior management level in a financial institution.
- Previous Experience as a Head of Treasury in a large Financial Services Group, Fintech/ Digital Bank
- University degree, preferably in relevant subject. Post graduate education and/or professional certifications in a relevant domain would be an advantage
- Extensive senior experience in an ESG & Climate risk-related field
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English is required). French is considered a strong advantage
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking and Finance
CA Finance – Legal, Banking and Insurance