Reference No. LCBLR01
Group Head of Risk (Risk Management / Global Risk / Banking) – Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Reference Number: LCBLR01
An exciting client of ours is looking for a Group Head of Risk. The Group Head of Risk will handle Global Risk Management, Management of the “credit risk” component, and Management of the “operational risks” and “market risks” components. The candidate will Develop and ensure the periodic updating of the Group's risk management policy; Monitor regulatory developments and make proposals to General Management and the Board of Directors regarding risk management policy. The candidate will also be designing and monitoring alert and control systems for the various risks within the Group and ensuring the implementation of corrective measures if necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Global risk management:
- Develop and ensure the periodic updating of the Group's risk management policy.
- Monitor regulatory developments and make proposals to General Management and the Board of Directors regarding risk management policy.
- Designing and monitoring alert and control systems for the various risks within the Group and ensuring the implementation of corrective measures if necessary.
- Ensure the implementation of "Stress Test" of the subsidiaries and the holding company.
- Contribute to the implementation and updating of risk mapping within the Group.
- Ensure the follow-up of the recommendations resulting from the internal and external audit reviews relating to the management of the various risks in subsidiaries and the holding company.
- Supervise the production of the various reports and indicators related to the management of all risks within the Group.
- Prepare and ensure the holding of the Group's risk committee.
Management of the "credit risk" component:
- Supervise sectoral studies in order to guide the credit policy within the Group.
- Propose and implement a common procedure for studying, granting, and renewing bank loans.
- Oversee the analysis of credit files admitted to the Second Level Committee (SLC).
- Oversee the analysis of credit files admitted to the Second Level Committee (SLC); Manage the Second Level Committee, act as its secretariat and issue technical opinions on opportunities brought up by the subsidiary credit committees.
- Ensure compliance with the banks' commitments and the application of the decisions of the Second Level Committee (SLC).
- Ensure that the periodic review of the subsidiaries' portfolios is carried out effectively.
- Monitor the status of commitments on all loans and arbitrate decisions to isolate accounts receivable without credit movements, in relation to prudential regulations.
- Ensure that the commitment review committee is held effectively.
Management of the "operational risks" and "market risks" components:
- Periodically update the reporting format for operational and market risk management.
- Propose methodological changes to the calculation of indicators defined for the identification, evaluation, and monitoring of operational and market risks.
- Ensuring the coordination of the network of internal correspondents in the management of operational risks.
- Contribute to the implementation of the business continuity and recovery plan.
Other Missions and Activities:
- Participate in the definition of other Group policies, standards, methods, and products.
- Carry out any other mission entrusted by his / her hierarchy.
- Contribute to the success of the projects of other subsidiaries and the Group.
- Carry out, at the request of the hierarchy, all other missions concerning the Group or the subsidiaries.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of a master’s level in Management / Banking / Finance / Audit or equivalent.
- Mastery and implementation of banking regulations.
- Good knowledge of banking activities.
- Solid foundation in accounting and financial analysis and statistics.
- Mastery and management of banking and country risks.
- Market analysis.
- Portfolio management.
- Expertise in banking products and market analysis.
- Process modeling.
- Good project management skills.
- Proficiency in office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in foreign languages desired.
- French and international regulations: LSF, SOX, 8th European directive, Solvency II, Bale III, NRE law and Grenelle II
- French and international accounting standards (IAS/IFRS, UK-US GAAP)
- Fluent English (documentation, reporting and interviews)
- Management of hierarchical and cross-functional projects, bringing together a network of contacts in the field, responsible for a variety of functions
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.