Reference No. JA-042
To manage the Tax risks of of the company. Which includes ensuring that all statutory returns are timeously completed and submitted according to legislative and SARS requirements. And ensuring that relevant accounting entries including deferred tax are processed and correctly disclosed in the financial statements.
- Ensure that group tax returns are completed timeously and that all required schedules have been completed and submitted.
- Ensure that group tax computations and reconciliations are completed accurately and timeously.
- Ensure that group deferred tax reconciliations are completed timeously and accurately.
- Complete the tax disclosure from the group financial statements (income tax, deferred tax, consolidation).
- Ensure that information substantiating tax computations is accurate.
- Provide analytical evidence of group income tax compliance. Continuously monitor systems and processes, including change initiatives, to ensure compliance.
- Make presentations to the tax committee (which includes the financial director)
- Provide excellent tax information/advice to management as part of the decision making process.
- Attend to international tax issues
- Ensure submission of provisional tax payments.
- Maintain up-to-date, detailed knowledge of trends and changes in Tax legislation by regular attendance of professional courses, workshops, etc.
- Assist with VAT and the VAT returns.
- Assist with Transfer pricing.
- Assist with advice Payroll taxes.
- Assist with advice on Customs duty.
- Assist your colleagues and the tax department with achieving its goals.
- Relevant Financial qualification – BCom(Accounting), it would be advantageous to also be a CA (SA) and have a Higher diploma in taxation
- Must have articles at an accounting firm
- 3 to 4 years relevant work experience
- Understanding of GAAP / IFRS
- Knowledge of Tax Legislation.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Passion for the brand and customers
- Thinking strategically and commercially
- Leading Transformation
- Connecting people
- Delivering high performance
- Having a merchant mindset
- Making insightful business decisions
- Driving quality
- Planning and organising
Relevant Financial qualification – CA (SA) / CIMA or B Com (Honours)
5 years post qualifying experience (minimum)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com .
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable position