Reference No. JA – TA-002
Reference Number: JA – TA-002
To deliver a financial control and analysis function within the specialised Treasury function covering disclosure, valuation, and completeness of transactions. To support the Group Treasury Manager with the preparation and maintenance of detailed financial/treasury models, as well as the reporting thereof, and have knowledge of IFRS 9 in relation to the treasury impacts and the applications and implications to the Group
- Detailed financial modelling, understanding the key areas of both income statement and balance sheets to generate and adjust forecasts and inflows resulting in financing/ gearing decisions to be made by Treasury.
- Detailed financial modelling to be able to generate stress scenarios with multiple input drivers over multiple years.
- Utilise the Group prepared Medium Term Plan to report on KPI’s relevant to the individual subsidiaries and the Group as a whole. (ROCE, Free Cash Flow etc.)
- Budget & forecast variances are analysed and reported
- Preparing and maintaining loan models which consolidate all loan and interest payments and maturities.
- Maintaining money market model which forecasts daily cash flows and highlight any liquidity concerns with appropriate lead time to make adjustments if necessary.
- In-depth, specialised knowledge of IFRS 9 at the highest professional level required to account for financial treasury transactions in the Annual Financial Statements of a complex multinational business. – compiled the AFS and being able to challenge numbers confidently.
- Specialist knowledge relating to the review of hedge accounting (Interest and FX) criteria and the application to Woolworths systems (including Tradestream)
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on financial results to external stakeholders. Review of treasury transactions and reporting requirements in between other group companies (e.g., African subsidiaries, Country Road and Country Road Ventures and David Jones)
- Assist with ensuring that all interest and capital repayments on funding solutions are made timeously.
- Assist in determining refinancing profiles/solutions, based on the existing maturity profile.
- Assisting with the drafting of Monthly Treasury Report for inclusion in Monthly Finance Pack and quarterly Board and Audit Committees to inform the Board of the exposure of the group to financial risks.
- Maintain covenant compliance calculations
- Prepare monthly treasury entries and prepare analysis of FX hedged position
- Assist with Monthly Treasury Analysis of FX position and liaison with central planning to manage FX requirements and exposures, including advice for buying strategies
- Assist the Group Treasury Manager with management of the relationship with SARB and provision of information thereto
- Assist the Group Treasury Manager with management of the relationship with providers of facilities and provision of information thereto
- Assist the Group Treasury Manager with effective control (including reconciliation and review of all treasury transactions)
- Play an effective role in the Finance team to ensure the combined delivery of the Finance Strategy.
- Assist with additional treasury tasks as they arise.
- Able to develop, use and maintain complex corporate finance models e.g., for credit rating agencies, for hedging criteria assessments and FX mark-to-market valuations
- Able to explain financial concepts related to derivative instruments such as forward contracts and interest rate swaps (to senior management (FLT and FD))
- Able to draft the IFRS 9 disclosure section of the Annual Report to best in class status (Excellent rating)
- Able to develop and produce clear financial interpretation of complex treasury matters
- Able to communicate complex and often contentious matters to a wide range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Able to manage others around them – both internal and external customers
- Able to effectively use latest decision support technologies/ accounting systems (e.g., advanced excel, Qlickview, Tradestream, Oracle)
- Able to design, develop and implement new processes and procedures
- CA (SA) – 1 – 3 years post qualifying experience with clear evidence of technical treasury competence
- Clear evidence of financial modelling experience
- Evidence of top quartile performance
- Articles with Big 4 or medium firm
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com .
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable position