Reference No. LCSF04
Reference Number: SFLC04
An exciting International Tech client of ours is seeking to hire a Head of Business Development. The candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will take charge of driving sales and development across our business in Africa while serving as a business partner to the leadership team. You will work closely with the business to shape and realize the organization’s vision while delivering measurable and meaningful business impact. Leveraging your experience of leading growth will be critical as the organization begins its expeditious pace of execution and building the future roadmap. This is an exciting opportunity to bring a proven track record of leading the sales teams in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. By building deep partnerships with our clients, opening access, and offering creative solutions, you are at the forefront of protecting and growing the organization’s brand and market share. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
- You will lead our business development team and in charge of our key clients, ensuring our clients are provided appropriate support and excellent service from the organization in Africa.
- You will build and develop strong relationships with our partners and will be responsible for working with clients to identify new and ongoing requirements and introduce new products or services.
- Managing sales cycles of 6+ months.
- Top-down approach, targeting and engaging in conversation with executive members
- Proven expertise in selling data-driven solutions (DWH / Data Integration / Big Data etc).
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile, start-up-type company.
- You will build the annual business and account plans for our clients.
- You will collaborate and engage with colleagues, endeavoring to break down silos and ensure the business is appropriately involved and informed about member issues, delivering solutions as one team.
- A strong team spirit is essential.
- You will communicate your expertise and specialist knowledge to less experienced members of the team, acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate.
- You will develop excellent knowledge of the organization’s products and services. You will understand the impact of your specialty area on assigned member business.
- Employ effective sales techniques, in-depth discovery, and qualification and challenger sales methodology to navigate prospect expectations through the entire sales process.
- 7-10 years of minimum business development, sales, account management, or customer management experience (preferably in the digital payments, ICT sector, or Telecoms space).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field.
- Proficiency in google suite, slack, sales force, and CRM’s
- Experience working in the Start-Ups environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English and French (both written and verbal) and additional local languages are a plus.
- Passion and curiosity for tech and digital, and in particular payments.
- Commercial understanding and the aptitude to identify opportunities and proactively propose solutions.
- Experience in liaising with and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the business, as well as in building and maintaining relationships with external partners.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to set provide inputs to the technical vision and drive continuous product distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders for the venture.
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of advancements and innovation.
- A consistent record of working in sales for digital products in Africa or similar emerging markets.
- Excellent social, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Developed understanding of the African market & payment / telecoms ecosystem.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.