Head Of Offshore Banking (Banking / Business Development / Trade / Finance) – Port Louis, Mauritius
Reference No. CDTHOOSB
Our client within the banking sector is currently seeking a Head Of OffShore Banking. This is a new business initiative and role holder will be responsible to refine the strategy, develop business partnerships across target Sub Saharan Africa markets, design the customer onboarding and relationship management approaches, develop the value proposition and drive key business KPIs (e.g. customer numbers, P&L, NPS, etc.). In addition, the jobholder will have oversight of the overall Elite banking proposition. This exciting end-to-end leadership role will be instrumental in shaping the future of
- Create a financially sustainable business line that drives future growth for PFS.
- Increase revenue, costs and profitability of this customer portfolio through NII, NFI, X-sells, etc.
- Advances and Deposits growth in line with plan.
- Comprehensive multi-level partnerships with other lines of businesses, partner banks and other corporate referrers to drive business flow.
- Increase cross-border customer numbers in line with plan;
- Develop a compelling offshore value proposition to attract target customer and curate a successful partnerships ecosystems.
- Deliver a sales-and-service model that leads to best in class customer experience and service standards;
- Deliver capabilities to continuously deepen relationships and drive customer loyalty;
- Develop internal capabilities for B2B and B2C marketing, remote onboarding, virtual relationship management, and digital servicing;
- Ongoing analysis, review, and redesign of functional processes to eliminate customer issues, remove non-value added activities and enhance the overall experience;
- Monitor and improve service quality. Provide value added input to key stakeholders in the design and delivery of related products, processes, communications, etc.
- Ensure that the customers and any partners are meeting the risk and compliance guidelines prescribed by the bank.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the cross-border business to enable quick, coherent and actionable functional and technological design.
- Network in relevant industry forums / events to broaden knowledge of trends and adopt best practices.
- Assist in building and maintaining and engaged team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Graduate with a preference for post-graduate business studies.
- Expertise in developing and managing successful commercial partnerships within financial services or other similar service industries e.g. telecoms, travel, retail, etc.
- Good understanding of the Sub Saharan Africa region.
- Demonstrated track record of managing complex business projects and deliverables.
- Knowledge of personal financial services, ideally in offshore banking is preferable but not mandatory.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to innovate and navigate to customer and business outcomes;
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically;
- Effective assertiveness and proven ability to establish credibility across the bank. The role requires pitching the product to senior officials in corporates of government bodies;
- Actively embraces rapid change and ambiguity.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.