Reference No. SF37
Reference Number: SF37
An exciting global Development Finance client is seeking to hire an Investment Executive with a focus on Technology & Telecoms to join their team.
- There are 3 parts of the job (at all levels):
- Origination – sector mapping, finding & evaluating investment opportunities, and building and maintaining relationships with companies.
- Execution – analyzing companies in detail, conducting due diligence, navigating the Investment Committee process, agreeing legal terms.
- Portfolio management – analyzing companies in detail, preparing for Board meetings, helping the companies wherever we can, preparing for follow-on investments, roll-ups and / or exits.
- At Investment Executive level, you will spend the majority of your time on execution; by the time you are a senior Investment Executive you should be able to run with most of the execution stages largely unassisted. You will also be given some sub-sectors where you are responsible for origination and play a key role in portfolio management.
- This particular Investment Executive position we are recruiting for will primarily focus on transacting in the US$15m+ later-stage venture and growth equity transactions end of the spectrum.
- We are looking for candidates that will deliver from day one and who have the drive, ambition, and tenacity to progress through the ranks.
- Typically, candidates will have a solid grounding in fundamental analytics (financial / commercial analysis, valuation, financial modelling) from private equity, investment banking or strategy consulting.
- The successful candidate will likely have at relevant prior work experience; an MBA, or similar, is helpful. Evidence of prior exposure to the tech & telcos verticals is also a strong plus.
- Over and above quantitative skills, analytical rigor and attention to detail, the softer skills we are looking for include:
- ability to look at complex problems and get to the root of the issue.
- ability to build relationships with companies.
- ability to communicate clearly on paper and in person.
- ability to multi-task.
- Candidates will also need to evidence previous experience working in, or demonstrable passion for, Africa or South Asia, or at the very least an understanding of emerging markets.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by the organization’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.