Reference No. LCFDS03
Program Manager (NGO / Fundraising / Programming Implementation) – Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Reference Number: LCFDS03
A very exciting NGO client of ours is looking for a Program Manager. This company partners with government, corporations, and other NGOs to co-create the next generation of resilient entrepreneurs and passionate workers. The company delivers programs to empower young people to achieve financial independence by teaching them how to own and manage their own businesses, be prepared for the world of work, and become financially literate.
The successful candidate will be someone that can lead with the main mandate being to coordinate the implementation of the company’s Programs, train teachers and volunteers, maintain a database of beneficiaries and alumni, support with fundraising and donor management and support in the reactivation of the company in Tanzania. The candidate will report to the company’s team, COO and Francophone Lead.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support in the reactivation and restructuring of the company in Tanzania.
- Support in the restructuring of the company’s operations in Tanzania.
- Works with the team for the elaboration of the work plan for the year.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategies related to core and new programs, as well as the management of volunteers and schools within the company’s network.
- Develop new programs and initiatives with partners as needed to achieve Board-mandated goals.
- Work with company to define and implement fundraising strategies for all programs.
- Monitor financial, administrative, and human resource implications of implementation of programs.
- Responsible for preparing a detailed budget for each program and tracking adherence to budget for all programs.
- Responsible for preparing progress reports on programs and budget for donors.
- Develop and implement a framework for monitoring, documenting, and communicating impact of programs on students and alumni to donors, Board Members and all other stakeholders including government and press.
- Implement high-quality project management standards and tools for all programs.
- Identify risks/issues to high-quality implementation of programs, resolve or escalate to the company.
- Drive the development of stronger relationships with all stakeholders involved in programs, including government.
- Assist in expanding the company’s operations in Tanzania.
- Identify new potential partners that would help further the company’s work.
- Keep updated on what other Member Nations of the company are doing, so as to identify potential collaboration opportunities.
- Fundraising and Donor Management:
- Identify new local and international donors or funding opportunities.
- Write proposals and Concept Notes for funding programs and new program development.
- Assist the Executive Director with fundraising efforts and activities.
- Keeps a financial record on spending for each individual donor.
- Ensures that financial and narrative reports to donors are submitted on time.
- Responsible for writing newsletters and Annual Reports.
- Responsible for website and all social media pages.
- Responsible for all marketing and communications activities until a Marketing Officer is hired.
- Program Implementation:
- Be available for implementation of programs both locally and regionally.
- Conduct Monitoring and Evaluation of programs and ensure data are properly entered and analyzed.
- Provide and receive feedback to and from volunteers and teachers through formal assessment forms.
- Collaborate with all members of staff to ensure that all events are properly planned and executed.
- Recruit, train and manage junior team members.
- Be available for further professional training when opportunities arise locally and overseas.
- Looks for opportunities to improve the company’s Programs.
Minimum Education, Work Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s degree or Project Management certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience, with at least two in management roles within social sector, youth development or project management
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management.
- Time management skills and ability to deliver under pressure.
- People management skills.
- Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborations and partnerships.
- Proposal writing and resource mobilization skills.
- Should be an effective communicator.
- Demonstrable leadership and team management skills.
- Should possess excellent execution skills.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.