Reference No. JA-SR- 0026
Reference Number: JA-SR- 0026
The Record to Report (R2R) lead is the primary owner of the end-to-end record to report process with the overall goal of delivering R2R services while ensuring quality and cost effectiveness. The Record to Report (R2R) Lead supports the management of policies and controls, manage complex and escalated issues across R2R services, perform in-depth troubleshooting and to support operations delivery, quality management and control. Proactively support the Group Shared Services Finance Lead to drive ongoing standardization and change within the operational accounting and transactional processing activities within the Group.
- The Record to Reporting Process Lead is responsible for managing the RTR – Record to Report teams. The RTR processes covers Data Management, General Ledger Accounting, Bank Account processing, Close Processes, Assets, Accounting and Reporting.
- Manages the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Revenue Reconciliation, Bank related activities and governance etc. in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead & manage Operational Accounting.
- Lead the development and documentation of an end-to-end strategy and related policies that links to the overall organisation’s strategy.
- Responsible for the validity, accuracy and completeness of the General Ledger.
- Responsible for subledger to general ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinates the monthly close processes.
- Overall responsibility for authorisation, accuracy and completeness of journals
- Responsible for monthly management account preparation and presentation of management accounts to Brand Finance teams.
- Monthly statutory reporting for group reporting.
- Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensures integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
- Continuously monitor performance against objectives to ensure that identified team’s KPIs are achieved.
- Benchmark processes against industry leaders, identify external best practices and drive continuous process optimization.
- Accountable for the overall performance and results of the process.
- Ensure the identification and management of critical process success factors.
- Manage and lead process improvements, including opportunities for automation of process steps and data driven performance measures.
- Conduct process reviews and approve or reject process deviation requests.
- Agree on process responsibilities across organisational silos and drive adherence to the process.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the team, monitoring their performance, providing timely feedback & assisting them to improve on their identified training needs.
- Identify clear objectives for the team, providing coaching, career development and feedback to team members, providing performance evaluation and rewards.
- Participates in external and internal audits and special projects.
- May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes.
- Reports to: GSS Head of Finance
- Direct reports: General accounting team, Fixed Assets accounting team, Bank processing team.
- Experience of working in finance transformation and driving significant change through business process.
- Demonstrated experience in process re-engineering, program management and technology implementation.
- Experience working in Finance Shared Services or Outsourcing environments.
- Minimum – CA (SA)
- Beneficial – Post graduate degree (Accounting)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking and Finance – Africa and Global
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable position