Reference No. FDSRTD01
Reference Number: FDSRTD01
Our client within the Agriculture industry is seeking a Regional Technical Director to provide strategic operational oversight for multiple production and operating facilities within a geography or business. Lead the improvement of operational management systems, processes, and best practices to achieve highly efficient, safe, and cost-effective operations.
- The focus of the role is to implement the right processes and practices across the organization.
- Oversee and guide the formulation of corrective action plans and performance improvement.
- Review and guide the implementation of strategic plans that ensure efficiency in operations and consistent quality in processes (HACCP, Lean manufacturing, etc.)
- Reviews the plans and execution of staff training and development, ensuring they are aligned with the needs of the continuous improvement objectives.
- Review and guide the Technical Director /Operations Manager in the preparation and execution of OPEX focused on process improvement, risk mitigation and operations efficiency, ensuring compliance with defined objectives.
- Establish challenging targets for division operations KPIs while facilitating the achievement thereof.
- Create weekly or more frequent communications loop with affiliate operations teams to:
- Analyze production results while reviewing variances against standards and goals.
- Review corrective action items related to operations audits, risk surveys, and other priorities while providing solutions for the action plan.
- Identify and remove roadblocks to progress.
- Standard Operating Procedures:
- Develop and implement together with the local team, best practice criteria and documentation for all aspects of manufacturing.
- Supervise Action Plans and documentation for all aspects of manufacturing to assure execution and compliance with best practices.
- Administer the operations audit process including the coordination of scheduling, reporting, responses, and senior-level approvals.
- Improve competencies through gap analysis and training resources.
- Work closely with other group resources to support the management of quality, food safety, human safety, and capital project implementation.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list, additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Engineering degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling / Feed & Food Sciences
- 10+ years’ managerial experience within a milling, baking or feed industry manufacturing operation
- Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven track record in troubleshooting existing flour and feed milling manufacturing processes for purposes of optimization
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions and best practices at facilities throughout the company
- Fluency in English required with knowledge of French and Spanish preferred
- Experience working in developing countries preferred
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to product demands
- Must be self-sufficient with the ability to work independently
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Must be able to travel internationally, approximately 50% of the time across the organisation and affiliates flour and feed milling companies in Africa (Approx. 14 trips /year with a duration for each travel approx. 12/13 days) developing countries
- Must be in good physical health due to physical remoteness of locations that will be visiting
- Must be able to operate outside of normal comfort zones at times
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with the ability to climb stairs, crawl in tight spaces and other physical requirements to analyze asset conditions
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance