Sao Tome and Principe
Current Job Openings in Sao Tome & Principe
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Head of Sustainability reporting to the Group Director, Sustainability. The role holder will be responsible for leading and managing Sustainability/ESG for the business in DRC, which will include ESG risk management as well as actively pursuing sustainable finance opportunities in line with the group wide sustainability strategy.
Strategy and stakeholder engagement
- In line with the Group Sustainability Strategy, develop a business focused Sustainability strategy to identify and manage the key ESG-related risks & opportunities.
- Introduce best practices to support delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
- Generate insights and thought leadership materials on Sustainability, ESG topics and trends, both locally and internationally.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Sustainability/ESG, including industry trends, research, regulations, and ESG data gathering, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Support and as appropriate lead, accreditation of the company for specific agreed funds (e.g. GCF), association or principles.
- Support and as appropriate lead, application for specific funding and grants from various local and international organizations.
ESG Risk Management
- Accountable for overall ESG Risk Management including ownership and implementation of an effective environmental and social management system (ESMS).
- Manage the ESG Governance and Compliance requirements.
- Lead the Business to deliver effective Environmental and Social Risk appraisals (both desk-top and site based) as part of the credit process and develop practical risk management plans, as appropriate, to be included as part of the facility agreements.
- Run the assurance programme and follow-up to ensure effective implementation of the E&S Management Policy and Procedures.
- Work in close partnership with the wider business and the foundation to develop ESG opportunities and impact related products and services.
- Participate as part of the leadership team of the group sustainable finance commercial workgroup to drive the Group’s Sustainability Strategy and frameworks.
- Support and as appropriate lead, specific product development and go-to-market strategies.
Capacity Building & Development
- Lead and manage an in-country Sustainability team, as applicable.
- Build Environmental and Social awareness among Bank’s clients.
- Champion and build ESG capacity across all the relevant business departments to ensure engagement and improved understanding of ESG across the organization.
- Deliver an effective ESG training programme to the organization across all levels.
- Deliver to the internal and external (regulatory and/or contractual) reporting requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in ESG related discipline – Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Sociology, Community Development, Geology, Engineering
- Degree or Masters in a Business or Banking related discipline would be added advantage
- Knowledge of local environmental, sustainability, employment, health and safety legislations and regulations
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in social, environmental sustainability and governance issues across diverse sectors
- Ability to propose realistic, value-adding and practical risk management plans
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines, Equator Principles, GRI, TCFD, Other International Sustainability Standards
- Experience of ESG related accreditations, engagement and fund raising with international parties
- Over 10 years’ experience in ESG related role
- Previous experience in banking desirable
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in French and English is required).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Kinsasha, DRC
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Legal, Banking and Insurance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.